Did this cop go too far?

Seriously???.... You kind of took this into a no mans land direction. Let's hope you never find yourself in the same or similar position as the people in that SUV. I'm sure if you did, you would more than wecome the police and the effort they put into handling the situation. Unfortunate, but the truth is sometimes they need to throw down. That lady in the video was lucky that was all she got. She pretty much assaulted an officer. Last time I checked, that's grounds for a lot more than that lady received.

So, you don't believe the ultimate goal of the Republicans is to destroy all unions including the police union? You cannot deny we alread have a privatized army with Blackwater. It would very easy for big business influenced Republicans to get in bed with a private police run by Blackwater or something similar. Falsely claiming how much money they can save as shown in the link for COs, the private police would easily bend the law more than the bad apples we already have. Of course they would profit driven and be forced to do whatever it takes to make the bottom line better for it's investors, regarless to what that means for people's rights.

There are about 5 different videos of this on You Tube. Not one of them shows the guy or the girl holding a weapon or raising their hands to hit that cop. He had a hair across his hemroid and took it out on them. My brother-in-law a retired Chicago Sheriff and delt with many a scumbum. He also never had to lower himself to that level to control a situation. My father was a retired Military Police Major. I have plenty of respect for the military and police but I also am very aware of the bad apples that let their power go to their heads. So this ready to go the Political section?

Just as i suspected i am wrong in asking for an equal blanket?

If a civilian does this same exact thing what would it be?
Thats exactly what it should be for this guy nothing more nothing less.

BTW
Does any one have details on what was going on besides whats on the video?

that guy is a big pu ss y the guy is on the floor and he still hits him 4 times on top of the guy never putting up a fight.
and you guys agree with this. Don't worry a police state is coming and if not you some one close to will end up on the bad end of that stick and then you'll be singing a deferent tune.

The guy walks up to the guy hits him 2 times then the guy is on the floor and hits him 4 times all in the back.
I am willing to bet that a false charge of resisting arrest was filed against the guy on the floor.

Its OK there Cops! Just like Rodney they are doing their job! ;)

NOT ALL Cops think a badge gives them Ultimate Power but thats not right to hit a person when they are down unless its Ultimate Fighting. Many Cops are Good but their are Bad Apples in Every Bunch that go too far because of attitude problems.
I have to wonder why SOME guys become cops?? Just for Power? Small Dick Syndrome?? Got beat up in school a lot?? Some are Good & Fair & some are just AZZ Holes!

It was all fun and games when she was helping her boyfriend attack the car and people in it. Good for her.

I see this crap every weekend in RI and after two when the clubs let out it's nothing but thugs, punks, and wanna be tough guys.

When the cops crack someone the camera phones come out. me and my guys get rid of the video people asap. It never tells the whole story.

A baton to the knee caps, torso or head = good behavior! Every time!

D

BOOO F#$KEN HOOO!!!!!!

The people that are crying about the cop being out of line are flat out cop haters and have been in trouble with the law before plain and simple.

I watch 18 seconds of it and knew right away that the cop was in the right.
WHY!!! because the scene was violent and he had to get it under control ASAP.

P.S
I've never been beat up by a cop you know why? because I keep my f%^ken nose clean.

BOOO F#$KEN HOOO!!!!!!

The people that are crying about the cop being out of line are flat out cop haters and have been in trouble with the law before plain and simple.

I watch 18 seconds of it and knew right away that the cop was in the right.
WHY!!! because the scene was violent and he had to get it under control ASAP.

P.S
I've never been beat up by a cop you know why? because I keep my f%^ken nose clean.

I've never had a problem with the police either. I've had to call them on disruptive neighbors, had an armed gunman holed up in a house up the street, several accidents close by the house and everytime I've had been lucky enough to have a policeman that respected me and I instanatly gave that respect back. I have seen insidents though of police that totally disrespected citizens for no reason other than the fact that they were police and felt they were superior. It happened to my father, a retired MP Major by a local cop in the town I grew up in. This douche even had "Officer Friendly" on his cruiser. He insulted my father. My Dad later talked to another office he happend to know and everyone hated "Officer Friendly" b/c he thought his sheet didn't stink. They are out there and I bet dollar to doughnuts the cop in that video is one of them.

I've never had a problem with the police either. I've had to call them on disruptive neighbors, had an armed gunman holed up in a house up the street, several accidents close by the house and everytime I've had been lucky enough to have a policeman that respected me and I instanatly gave that respect back. I have seen insidents though of police that totally disrespected citizens for no reason other than the fact that they were police and felt they were superior. It happened to my father, a retired MP Major by a local cop in the town I grew up in. This douche even had "Officer Friendly" on his cruiser. He insulted my father. My Dad later talked to another office he happend to know and everyone hated "Officer Friendly" b/c he thought his sheet didn't stink. They are out there and I bet dollar to doughnuts the cop in that video is one of them.

I've had similar experiences with cops, both good and bad. Cops are human beings and just like in life you have your good and your bad. You have some that do their job properly without abusing their power and others that act like they are above the law.

I understand that, good and bad in life, the differernce is a cop can literally destroy your life and get away with it. Regular citizens calling them out and demanding their badges is the only defence against abuse. Luckily with the number of cell phone videos out now days they bad ones have to be much more carefull how they treat people which in my opinion is a good thing.

To give the cops benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming the cops were already on their way, and then the first thing they really got to see was the guy flipping out and beating on the car, then moving toward the occupants WHILE not giving a rat's ass what the cops were telling him what to do.

Un-cooperative + acting belligerent = beat with a night stick.

After he subues that guy, the woman comes running over and looks like she GRABS THE COP. He's trying to keep a guy under control and someone comes over and grabs him.

Trying to subdue a drunk + someone grabbing you and surprising you = beat with a night stick.

She then steps away, hides her hands from him, and approaches again. Apparently she has a learning disability.

Cop already pissed at you + hiding your hands + approaching again = Mace.

Then she wanders off, to her credit, she probably can't see crap.

The drop to the ground, while hilarious, is the only borderline thing I see going on in this video. I'm not a LEO, and I've never had to subdue drunks, so that one is in the gray area for me. Though she's screwed up twice already; I wouldn't be pressing my luck if I was her. That one is leaning toward the she-had-it-coming category.

x2

Act like an animal, get taken down like one.
There is nothing to see here, move along.

I'm not sure what you guys saw, but I saw a gang of at least 3 people attacking someone in the Explorer and their vehicle. There were 2 girls beating someone in the passenger side of the truck. If I were an officer and came upon this stiuation, I probably would have taken control of the gang in pretty much the same way. When out numbered, you've got to take additional steps to control the bad guys/girls.

Bottom line is, you don't get knots on your head if you don't do stupid things !!! Hell, they got off easy, had they attacked me in my car, all of them would have ended up "leaking".

Couldn't agree more.

when i was younger, a friend of mine claimed the georgia state patrol, beat the living **** out of him about 3am on the side of the interstate. threw his keys in the grass and left him there. for trying to out run them, on speeding.

Got what he deserved in my opinion. Should have arrested him too.

I was getting pulled over in my old jeep one night and for some reason decided to pull over and chunk the keys. Why I have no earthly idea, but the cop sees me do it. When he comes up to the side of the vehicle he is laughing and says, go ahead and find your keys, I'll check back on you in a couple of hours. Sure enough, the next morning the jeep is still there and so am I. He pulls up laughing, this time with a buddy in the car. I finally find the keys and go home feeling like an idiot !!

I was getting pulled over in my old jeep one night and for some reason decided to pull over and chunk the keys. Why I have no earthly idea, but the cop sees me do it. When he comes up to the side of the vehicle he is laughing and says, go ahead and find your keys, I'll check back on you in a couple of hours. Sure enough, the next morning the jeep is still there and so am I. He pulls up laughing, this time with a buddy in the car. I finally find the keys and go home feeling like an idiot !!

^ BWAHAHA!

That's a good story!:biggrin:

^ BWAHAHA!

That's a good story!:biggrin:

If I'm lieing I'm dieing!

To this day I don't know what the hell I was thinking that night. I wasn't drinking or anything, the jeep was an old 79 cj7 and I was running straight pipes on it. They came after me for getting on it. I made a turn and pulled over and chunked the keys as they were making the turn behind me. As soon as I did it I thought to myself, how in the world is this going to keep you from getting a ticket. Turns out there's not ticket for stupidity, probably should be though. :p

To give the cops benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming the cops were already on their way, and then the first thing they really got to see was the guy flipping out and beating on the car, then moving toward the occupants WHILE not giving a rat's ass what the cops were telling him what to do.

Un-cooperative + acting belligerent = beat with a night stick.

After he subues that guy, the woman comes running over and looks like she GRABS THE COP. He's trying to keep a guy under control and someone comes over and grabs him.

Trying to subdue a drunk + someone grabbing you and surprising you = beat with a night stick.

She then steps away, hides her hands from him, and approaches again. Apparently she has a learning disability.

Cop already pissed at you + hiding your hands + approaching again = Mace.

Then she wanders off, to her credit, she probably can't see crap.

The drop to the ground, while hilarious, is the only borderline thing I see going on in this video. I'm not a LEO, and I've never had to subdue drunks, so that one is in the gray area for me. Though she's screwed up twice already; I wouldn't be pressing my luck if I was her. That one is leaning toward the she-had-it-coming category.

Kind of the way I saw it