Did this cop go too far?

How in the world do you get there from this video?

2 thugs are attacking people and property ON VIDEO and you blame it on the cops and the rich:confused:

Just stating my feeling to Turbopowered68's response. Once the Republicans destroy the police unions (think they only want to destroy the teachers?)they will privatize them like AZ has done already with prisons. Private police run by a huge mega companies in cahoots with all the other mega companies will stomp on the underclass and imprison as many citizens as possible so they can collect more money for their "work" and make a "profit" for their share holders. OK NOW it's time for this to go to political section.:biggrin:

For the ones who posted that the girl who was slammed to the ground was exessive, do you know if the cop told her to lie on the ground???? did she refuse????? Cops arrived on scene and took control exactly as they are trained to do. Act like an animal be treated like an animal.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

"Too far" is subjective. You can't make that determination without all the details. From what I saw no but, I don't know the details. Naturally, criminals and those typically discriminated against would disagree. I haven't read anyone cry racism. Just imagine the $hit storm if that cop was white and the arrestees were black.

"Too far" is subjective. You can't make that determination without all the details. From what I saw no but, I don't know the details. Naturally, criminals and those typically discriminated against would disagree. I haven't read anyone cry racism. Just imagine the $hit storm if that cop was white and the arrestees were black.

There was one with a white cop punching a black girl.. she ended up saying sorry. As for this young lady I hope she enjoyed the concrete sandwich. :biggrin:

cops think they are above everyone

Not saying either side was right but the cops are trained in more than just being physical. I think a vehicle being punched is just an object. If it was a human being then it would've been another story. Breaking a law can be as broad as comparing a flea to a dinosaur. The law broken could have been an arrest or a summons to court. Something not as severe. There is an arrest of an individual for resisting arrest without violence. Not responding to the officers commands in a timely manner. It is not as severe as attacking an officer. Attack an officer and see what the penalty is.

I feel the officers were out of line and handled it incorrectly as per training. There is more to being an officer than carrying a gun, baton, pepper spray, etc. I know of some cops locally who are known as the bad asses who think they are above the law. It's a damn shame because some of the good cops get a bad rap because of the. The problem is once this video is seen by a bunch of thugs in the hood they load up on gats from their drug suppliers and get a chip on their shoulders. When a cop pulls them over you then hear of fatal shootings of officers and everyone asks why did it happen. Not condoning it just stating how sensitive public relations are with police and citizens.

I know the people involved weren't right for causing a disturbance in public and that alone could have been prevented. I would never put myself in a situation like that. Still doesn't make it right for a person in a position of power to go to far and beat someone especially when they have the upper hand. I've heard of horror stories where innocent people have been beaten by cops for no reason. If ever confronted with that situation I would respond to defend myself whether it was a car jacker, thief, cop, whomever. If I was in the wrong causing myself to be confronted I would handle myself accordingly and take my punishment like a man. However getting rights taken from me such as being abused, assaulter, etc. I would do what I had to do to defend myself. Call it mean but people treat others as they want to be treated & an eye for an eye.

Maybe I saw a different video than you guys:confused: Looks like the two got what was coming...

I thought I saw the big guy kicking or hitting the truck TWICE and leaving big dents while putting a serious cussing on someone in the vehicle. The second time was right before the cop popped him one... The cop had to see what he did...

The girl was obviously drunk or on drugs, I THOUGHT I saw her assaulting someone in the car? I imagine he told her to freeze and she tried to wonder off but the pepper spray had her a little disoriented....

Judging by the crowd I imagine the situation was tense to start off with. Drunks and crowds usually = problems...

I agree , they got a taste of what they were doing to the people in SUV. Besides the way she approach cop wasn't the best thing to do

Maybe I saw a different video than you guys:confused: Looks like the two got what was coming...

I thought I saw the big guy kicking or hitting the truck TWICE and leaving big dents while putting a serious cussing on someone in the vehicle. The second time was right before the cop popped him one... The cop had to see what he did...

The girl was obviously drunk or on drugs, I THOUGHT I saw her assaulting someone in the car? I imagine he told her to freeze and she tried to wonder off but the pepper spray had her a little disoriented....

Judging by the crowd I imagine the situation was tense to start off with. Drunks and crowds usually = problems...

I saw the same thing.:biggrin:

Looks to me like one of those wrong place wrong time thing for those two.Two people fighting in a large crow can turn into a riot.
We had this happen just a few days ago here in Panama City Beach at a local Burger King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ygn...y=fight+Beach+Burger+King&aq=f&has_verified=1

I didn't comment on the girl Because she touched GOD and we all know that the slightest touching of god can get you killed. That said she got lucky, Plus she was hitting another person. screw her.

On the guy
He punched a truck
Never made a move towards god.
Gets two hits to his legs
and four pu ss y hits to his back while on all fours on the floor.
You guys are seriously going to spin that.:rolleyes:

Almost forgot
They should get the same exact thing that a Civilian would get?

A lot of people rushing out to paint all police officers with the same brush. Who knows what exactly happened here. It's not an easy job and mistakes can cost you your life.

For the ones who posted that the girl who was slammed to the ground was exessive, do you know if the cop told her to lie on the ground???? did she refuse????? Cops arrived on scene and took control exactly as they are trained to do. Act like an animal be treated like an animal.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Never been to Police Academy, but is it standard procedure to drag a girl by her pants and then slam her face first on the ground after she walks away disorientated from being maced?? I kinda doubt it especially considering she was no longer a threat, and bet a jury of her peers might see it my way as well. Keep in mind I am not defending what she did or her boyfriend, but the way the officer responded is excessive IMO and I'm sure the cop could have very easily detained her in a much better fashion without assaulting her. At the very least he should go back and get some training.

He was doing his job. He gained control of a situation that could have went out of control real fast. Shock and awe:eek: The girl is lucky she did not get shot. I dont care how drunk she was. touching a cop in a situation like that is assault. When she put her hands behind her back I would have had my weapon drawn. Plus how did the cop know that the truck wasnt going to unload on him. I love when people bust on cops when they see sh!t like this.
Most people could not handle this job every day. But when they see this half video they are all over the cop and judging him when they dont even know what happened. Cop did a great job. Do stupid things get stupid rewards:biggrin:

First off, not to make light of the video, but that was hilarious.

Anyway, addressing the actual take-down, it didn't look like he meant to make her fall that hard. After having to repeatedly tell the first dumb-ass to get down, and after she to tried to leave the scene once already, I'm sure he just wanted her under control. There was clearly (or at least it looked that way from a camera phone video) an assault underway when they arrived, so tensions were already high.

, it didn't look like he meant to make her fall that hard. After having to repeatedly tell the first dumb-ass to get down, and after she to tried to leave the scene once already, I'm sure he just wanted her under control. There was clearly (or at least it looked that way from a camera phone video) an assault underway when they arrived, so tensions were already high.

I agree.

Just stating my feeling to Turbopowered68's response. Once the Republicans destroy the police unions (think they only want to destroy the teachers?)they will privatize them like AZ has done already with prisons. Private police run by a huge mega companies in cahoots with all the other mega companies will stomp on the underclass and imprison as many citizens as possible so they can collect more money for their "work" and make a "profit" for their share holders. OK NOW it's time for this to go to political section.:biggrin:

Put the bong down already will ya...;)

Seriously???.... You kind of took this into a no mans land direction. Let's hope you never find yourself in the same or similar position as the people in that SUV. I'm sure if you did, you would more than wecome the police and the effort they put into handling the situation. Unfortunate, but the truth is sometimes they need to throw down. That lady in the video was lucky that was all she got. She pretty much assaulted an officer. Last time I checked, that's grounds for a lot more than that lady received.

The only way it would have been excessive is if he, after the concret bath, took her to the precinct and made her fix him a sammich :D

Other than that, just dealing with another drunk, nothing to see here, keep moving........