Detroit Autorama Award

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
Just an announcement all us Buick guys should be proud of.....

I took 2nd place with my GN at this year's Detroit Autorama for it's class (restored 85-99) :). I contested the class but they didn't have a "completely original/non-restored" class.

Cool! You had an awsome display with the TTA to the side.

Do you know who took first?

BTW, nice meeting you :)

Thanks for the compliments. My stantions left a little to be desired but it's the cars that matter, not the ropes :)

I was at the bar with my buddy when they called my class and my wife didn't hear who took 1st. I thought I could try to find it on their website, I'll do some checking.

Heh. I drove from NW of Toronto for that show and I saw your stuff. Your TTA almost gave me an epilectic fit. ;) I was with my (mostly) Sport Compact buddies from XceedSpeed.com (MI based Community) and they asked me for an opinion on your GN. I gave it a thumbs down. That was until I talked to Bruce (IIRC) from Ramchargers and MotownMuscle.com and he said that you actually used the TTA. I felt that is cool then, as long as you aren't a Turbo Buick Garage Queen Monger... and are actually getting your boost fix. So the thumb is now up. :)

Congrats! :D

Furthermore...

That was the first and the first GNX I have ever seen and ever made. I felt all warm inside... that was worth the entry fee, the $12 in food, and $54 in T-shirts. :)

congrats!! thats on clean GN. i want thoes seats! lol. seriously, had a good time chating with you and your buddy. and there was nothing wrong with the police tape.

Andy

Good job!!! There were three wins in the Dallas Autorama this month,,,kudos to Jack Laswell (86 GN 20,000 mi car that runs 10.80's) 1st Place in his class, Franks Llano (87 GN) 1st Place in his class and George Jackson (71 GSX 455 Stage 1 four speed-unrestored 32,000 original miles) 2nd place in his calss.
Good job tyo all!

Originally posted by Mr. T
Heh. I drove from NW of Toronto for that show and I saw your stuff. Your TTA almost gave me an epilectic fit. ;) I was with my (mostly) Sport Compact buddies from XceedSpeed.com (MI based Community) and they asked me for an opinion on your GN. I gave it a thumbs down. That was until I talked to Bruce (IIRC) from Ramchargers and MotownMuscle.com and he said that you actually used the TTA. I felt that is cool then, as long as you aren't a Turbo Buick Garage Queen Monger... and are actually getting your boost fix. So the thumb is now up. :)

Congrats! :D

Furthermore...

That was the first and the first GNX I have ever seen and ever made. I felt all warm inside... that was worth the entry fee, the $12 in food, and $54 in T-shirts. :)
Thanks for the compliments and glad to hear everyone had a good time. It was great talking to those who stopped by.

Yep, I still drive the Pontiac, I drove it one hour there and back. I was thankful the roads were fairly clear after that 8" of snow. I'll admit the GN won't see much of the road which is the very reason I bought a low mileage example. I had around 12 people ask if I were interested in selling it including the Executive Director of the Engineering and Design Division of GM. I told him "I wouldn't think of anything less than $30,000" to which he said "well, what are 'ya thinking?".

Nope, sure don't. I was too busy with other stuff. Had my digital camera there the whole time too.

Shoot...I walked RIGHT by your car, looked it over a bit and moved on. I didn't know it was yours!

Congrats on the award anyway!

Bruce at Ramchargers? hrmmm

Anyway, congrats!! a few guys from CamaroZ28.com got 1st places and one got a 2nd place.

very cool stuff!

Originally posted by Dave@ramcharger
Bruce at Ramchargers? hrmmm

Brian! That was it... I am really really really bad with names... he goes by Trbobuick on motownmuscle.com. ;) I knew "Bruce" didn't sound right. :eek:

Originally posted by Mr. T
Brian! That was it... I am really really really bad with names... he goes by Trbobuick on motownmuscle.com. ;) I knew "Bruce" didn't sound right. :eek:

LOL.. okay makes sense.. thats what i thought :)