Denso Oxygen sensor 234-1001

finding more and more threads where street car or street car / strip use should be qualifier as well as stating what fuel is used...

street car with...
pump gas
pump gas + alky

OR

street / strip
where pump gas is swapped for leaded race fuel at the track.

lead in race fuel is what kills the sensor.

denso lamda sensor is preferred by those who use leaded race gas as the sensor will last almost three months of test 'n tunes, time trials, and going rounds if racing every weekend.

bosch lamda sensor will fail quicker than the denso when exposed to leaded race fuel.

on a street car that does not see leaded fuel use, a bosch sensor is preferred.

OK, now which bosch sensor? year, make, model lookup yields bosch 12014, which was mentioned above. I never liked that sensor. that extended tit as a wire strain relief is an interference hit with the lower radiator hose. what you want is bosch 12013. the physical sensor is the same as the OEM AC Rochester unit. yes, bosch 12013 is discontinued. however, there are hundreds of them available from ebay seller sparkautoparts. this seller has sold over 369K items, with over 116K positive feedback score. I bought a lifetime supply of the 12013 unit from him. the NOS AC Rochester units I have will stay in package on the shelf. link to bosch 12013 on ebay below

Using a scan tool, the O2 cross counts should cycle from 0-255 in 90 seconds or less once the engine has achieved operating temp of 176F (80C), switching to CLOSED LOOP & controlling fuel via O2 sensor. It is reported the Bosch sensor will cycle through in about 20 seconds while the Denso will cycle through in 90-120 seconds.

Since I don't use leaded fuel, I'll take a bosch sensor any day over the denso for faster fuel trim.

for those who'd rather have or need a denso, as stated above, NAPA local stores are the source today while you can find 'em. while the distribution warehouses have been emptied, there are still plenty of denso 234-1001 at the brick and mortar napa locations I searched. via the napa website, set you local store, then select check nearby stores. for me, within a 20-30 mile radius, there are several dozen stores and most show at least one on the shelf. have to go to each store as stores won't ship.

outside of the denso for leaded fuel use is:

NTK 21002. at least this NTK unit has not been discontinued.

best price for NTK is rockauto at $15.xx. these NTK's are disappearing as folks and vendors and builders are reading these threads and f*book discussions and buying dozens for their lifetime supplies. that started more than a year ago when the denso was discontinued.

I used Bosch ones forever. It wouldnt die. Used gas, alky, race gas and it never missed a beat.

glad you guys saw this and are able to secure a few for future use when and if needed.

Just picked up tree Denso’s from Napa today. Trying to stock up.

I use only 116 leaded fuel

I go through the denso sensors about 1 per year

And the wide band lasts about 2 years

I have 3 denso sensors left before I get to the
NTK stuff. I suspect they will perform the same

@Anthony P - I have been using the Bosch 12013 O2 sensor for about a year or so, even bought it from the same ebay seller you linked above. I prefer it over the Denso because the cross counts cycle much faster and I don't have the need to run leaded race gas anyway which defeats the main benefit of using a Denso sensor in the first place.

The Bosch 12013 I bought a year ago (again from the same ebay vendor you linked above) was made in the USA according to the box. I received another sensor today from the same seller that now says made in Japan on the box. Everything looks to be exactly the same otherwise. At the end of the day, does it really matter? I suppose I could just install it and see for myself but just wanted to get your thoughts and save me the trouble if you already know.

The Bosch 12013's I bought in 2018 or 2019 from the linked ebay seller sparkautoparts are made in Japan. the packaging is the Bosch box shown with the NASCAR reference as shown in that seller's ebay listing.

12013's that were packaged in the black box with the red Bosch wording in the 2000's were made in the USA. there are some of these on ebay now. link => BOSCH Oxygen Sensor 12013 FOR Cadillac Chevrolet GMC Hummer Isuzu Jeep CG | eBay

I have no concerns with using these Bosch 12013 lamda sensors whether made in USA or Japan. If you're using NGK spark plugs, some come from the US, some come from Japan.

for anyone looking for the Denso 234-1001 units, there are currently 6 listings on ebay now. each seller has a few available for around $25 each.

The Bosch 12013's I bought in 2018 or 2019 from the linked ebay seller sparkautoparts are made in Japan. the packaging is the Bosch box shown with the NASCAR reference as shown in that seller's ebay listing.

12013's that were packaged in the black box with the red Bosch wording in the 2000's were made in the USA. there are some of these on ebay now. link => BOSCH Oxygen Sensor 12013 FOR Cadillac Chevrolet GMC Hummer Isuzu Jeep CG | eBay

I have no concerns with using these Bosch 12013 lamda sensors whether made in USA or Japan. If you're using NGK spark plugs, some come from the US, some come from Japan.

for anyone looking for the Denso 234-1001 units, there are currently 6 listings on ebay now. each seller has a few available for around $25 each.
Thanks Anthony. Interesting... the made in USA 12013 sensor I got last year did not come in a black box. It came in the exact same box (with the NASCAR reference) as the one made in Japan. In any case, I guess it really doesn't matter... Thanks for taking the time to respond.

still have not used the NTK o2 sensors yet....
has anyone installed and had experience with them as a viable replacement?