Defies Logic For most of us

Dennis Kirban

I am referring to the $200,000 plus grand that someone just agreed to pay for two 1987 GNs because their VINS run in sequence.

On the plus side it boosts every GN value.

What does that make the very last GN worth 1/2 Million?

The price paid could have had anywhere from 3 to 5 real clean GNs with close VIN numbers.

It's like a 100 grand for a split windshield VW bus.....crazy market....makes my Turbo-T under priced!

As will as many others. Open bid was like $156,000 and 226 bids later ebay made out as did the seller
kinda feel bad for the person or persons that sold the pair to the person that sold them on ebay. Like finding a rembrandt at a garage sale and hitting the home run.

Well this outcome would have been hard to predict 10 years ago....course if you told me Tesla would have a sports car circling the earth with a dummy behind the wheel I doubt I would have believed that either.

Seems to me if you got two GNs and a metal stamping machine etc make the VINs in sequence could get a big pay out! Kidding of course not suggesting you commit a federal crime.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Agreed that one of my first thoughts was that these types of Sales can raise the hype and lift the TR market for all of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

yeah, doesn't make much sense when they were poorly stored when you could buy a GNX with similar mileage that was properly stored for a similar price per car!

I think the key is the "Barn Find" moniker. It is one of the "it" phrases of today. You say "barn find" and it automatically adds at least 50% to the value. Sorta the same way that calling a $50 dollar shoe an "Air Jordan" made it a $300 shoe. Add to that the consecutive VIN's and that's another 50% right there.
Or at least that is what I think is the thought process is behind this buyer.

My "ex" was a barn find, but the value of our marriage went down 100% not up. I couldn't even GIVE her away on eBay!:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

My "ex" was a barn find, but the value of our marriage went down 100% not up. I couldn't even GIVE her away on eBay!:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National
Thanks Bruce I just spit my coffee all over my desk. That is funny shit right there. :D

1- They market the hell out of them cars - i was sick of seeing them everywhere i had friends from every other manufacturer of cars sending me links to the "twins" = Great job on them for that marketing plan.
2- I spoke with a big money guy yesterday (he knows cars) i gave him the same GNX this and that argument -- He said to me
"I want what no one else can get, I can get a GNX but so could anyone else, Who else has this combo? ONE GUY. no one else."
3- I hope it's over with these two cars, Let them go away for a few months at least.

First, if I recall, there is a forum member or two here who were involved in the finding and sale of the twins so I want to be respectful of that.

But... maybe I read the ebay listing wrong but how are Barn Finds two cars that the original owner had in his garage aka barn, knew they were there and then someone helped him get them out and ready to sell? Again, unless I read the ebay listing wrong, Barn Find was used very generously.

But I'm also the guy who said, "increased press and values for all of us, yay! Barn Find Twins, woo hoo!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think the key is the "Barn Find" moniker. It is one of the "it" phrases of today. You say "barn find" and it automatically adds at least 50% to the value. Sorta the same way that calling a $50 dollar shoe an "Air Jordan" made it a $300 shoe. Add to that the consecutive VIN's and that's another 50% right there.
Or at least that is what I think is the thought process is behind this buyer.

Yeah, I thought barn find was a stretch and think they are turbo brothers at best.

Try buying a nice pickup truck these, days, they are 50 grand not even trying, 70k-100k if you pay sticker for top of the line King Ranch etc. Suburbans/Yukon XL denalis are 60-70k all day long, some Escalades pushing 100k, for a family vehicle...

Everything is only worth what the buyer will pay. The more money you have, the more you want to impress others, generally.

hmm, I wonder if I found the person that owns the next GN in vin# sequence above or below mine (hoping it was GN and not a base Regal) that if we decided to sell both as a package deal we could get double what they are worth???

Reactions: JDT
hmm, I wonder if I found the person that owns the next GN in vin# sequence above or below mine (hoping it was GN and not a base Regal) that if we decided to sell both as a package deal we could get double what they are worth???
start checking vin# at the car show. I wouldn't fight someone off for twice the money

I made multiple "barn finds" yesterday.
Went out to the barn, found a shed snake skin, some mouse shit.....
Next, I guess it's an ad on the bag. :rolleyes: