Decided to nut up and try some decent boost....holy chit

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
I was limited to 20psi for quite some time with the stock solenoid and adjustable wastegate maxed out because my chip only calls for 17-20 psi....was waiting on getting an intercooler to really try to get more....long story short I figured out that restricting the line going to the solenoid would raise boost a few pounds.....first hit was tractionless 26-27 psi on the mickeys....figured that was a touch too much for my stock intercooler so I settled on 24-25 psi which still spins the tires....car is just incredibly violent with this 6262 once it gets over 21-22 psi.....

I wish I knew the actual power difference from 18psi to 25psi.....it feels like 100 ponies or more...crazy

Cant wait to get 28-30 region out of it with a better intercooler which will probably be after the buick show.

Its a little scary I gotta admit....not used to having a setup that just asks for more and more....usually I like to run "all of it" but that just isnt doable with this turbo setup....my wallet needs more support! haha

Its usually 15-18 hp- each # of boost , but when you get to boost in the 20s I think the number goes up to like 22hp per # of boost..so if your making 450hp at 20psi you can easily be at 550+hp at 25psi..depending on your combo ofcourse

Dam sure feels close to those numbers at the crank.I think realistically its about 400 to the tires or so..I need to get back to the track when possible and see what the mph gain is....last time out it went 115 mph on 20psi....hoping for 118-120 at this weight still using the d5....i bet the shear weight of the stock converter is holding the motor down some way up top....but dam the torque hit is sooooo nice right now

Last edited: