Decent tire installers in Mass?

deezdad

Any recommendations for a shop that knows what their doing and are less likely to damage wheels and/or tires in the process of mounting them? Thanks...

I would think any tire mount and balance shop would be held financially reliable for any damage done. no?

I would ask what equipment they are using. Make sure its preferably a center clamp machine which only rubber and plastic touch the wheel. If a "rim-clamp" style machine is used demand that plastic protectors be used and they clamp EXTERNALLY. I see so many guys use rim clamp machines and ram those meat tenderizers into the barrel of the wheel and damage the wheel. It will puncture the clear coat and it only gets worse with time.

If these are GN rims make sure they understand these are reverse drop center wheels which means the wheel is mounted on the changer upside down and the tire comes off from the back. Good luck!

I would ask what equipment they are using. Make sure its preferably a center clamp machine which only rubber and plastic touch the wheel. If a "rim-clamp" style machine is used demand that plastic protectors be used and they clamp EXTERNALLY. I see so many guys use rim clamp machines and ram those meat tenderizers into the barrel of the wheel and damage the wheel. It will puncture the clear coat and it only gets worse with time.

If these are GN rims make sure they understand these are reverse drop center wheels which means the wheel is mounted on the changer upside down and the tire comes off from the back. Good luck!
very true. I think a top of the line Hunter or a Corgi tire machine is the key to making sure they don't damage anything. plus a good road force balancer is the key as well that way you don't have any vibrations.

PM me and i can help you out at my shop here(we have a hunter machine and road force balancer).

Theres a multi page thread in here titled"bj's wrecked my wheels".. trying to avoid that scenario.
Funny, it was Sullivan Tire in St Albans Vt that messed up my GN wheels. Clamped them inside with the teeth on the chrome. Just cause they do tires all day doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app