Deatschwerks DW301S Pics needed

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
Anyone have any pics of their DW301s showing the bottom of the pump from a couple different angles?

I have a DW301 that DW Tech said it would not affect the warranty to "shave" the tabs off of the bottom to convert it to the "S" version.

Any info would be appreciated.

=Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 275
Thanks. Looks like they manually shave them at the factory as well. Good to know. Thanks again.

........I have a DW301 that DW Tech said it would not affect the warranty to "shave" the tabs off of the bottom to convert it to the "S" version.

=Eric

You have the correct answer from DW Eric, we have done this many times!

The DW pumps we now stock do not have the tabs.

Great little pumps. I've been running one for several years in my blue car and will be putting a pair of them in my black car

You mean a pair of DWs like this? Hehe. They work great.

Attachments

• 1423806512583.jpg
    1423806512583.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Yes with a little tweaking and trimming. It's not designed for a Buick but it will fit with some work

images hosting
Mine is a dw200.
I know once you put the sock retainer on the center "t/t" it doesn't come back off. We had to use a zip tie or two to hold the sock on.

upload img
Working good so far.

Hey Rich did you use any special kind of shrink tubing on those wire connections? I was wondering how that would work in the gas tank. Do you have a better picture of the black ground wire from the pump? Thanks for any info.

jpg images

M
image hosting over 5mb

print screen windows

image sharing

screenshot

First run through we soldered the connections and shrink wrapped em. And after some more study we decided to drop the tank again and use the crimp connectors. We did this back in Dec and I have been driving the car to work pretty much everyday. The biggest difference is I can hardly hear the pump prime without really trying. Working great so far.

It is a PIA to get the strainer and the float arm in the tank without breaking the tab on the bottom of the pump that holds the strainer on. I think mine actually broke and I fabricated a hold down tab for it. The strainer is very rigid.

hey im putting a dw200 in my 84 i see yall aint putting the thing between the oem pump, is it not needed?