Deatschwerks DW double pumper install.

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
I bought a used Racetronix 510lph double pumper to install (2) DW200's for running E85. I'm sure the DW300's would go in the same way.

The pump replacement was pretty straight forward. The wiring connectors were the same and plugged right in and the polarity was correct as well.

IMG_5541.JPG

The challenge was going to be getting the larger base of the DW pump the fit the base plate.

I went to the local machine and welding shop and picked up a piece of 16 ga. 304 SS 2.5" x 4" and transferred the holes from the Racetronix base plate. I drilled the support tube hole slightly larger than .312 and drilled pilot holes for the fuel pumps.
I used a 1" electrical knockout punch (1.36") to finish the fuel pump holes. Once finished I used a cut off wheel to trim the base plate down, smoothed it up with a flapper wheel sanding disc and welded the collar on the plate.

IMG_5547.JPG

I had to grind a bit more off in the area of the float arm for clearance.

IMG_5544.JPG

With the pumps installed the filter socks were pointed directly at each other and were not going to work. All I found mentioning the correct filter sock was that it was different for the double pumper.
After more research I was able to give Mark at TR Customs a reference number and a description so he could get me the correct filter socks.

The half moon shaped filter socks are part number S147 and are listed for an '08 + Subaru. They go on with the flat side towards each other, but still require a bit of finagling to get just right. Yes the retaining clips are even worse to get on.

Normally I like to put them on with a small socket and push them strait on, but with the half moon filter sock it was necessary to put them on with a needle nose pliers. Spread the jaws just enough to catch the outside edge and work your way around.

IMG_5551.JPG

As you can see the filter socks are about even with the float.

IMG_5548.JPG

Since I didn't find much about the DW double pumper install I hope this helps out those who do this in the future.

I know I'm not the first to do this, but not finding part numbers for the filter socks made it feel that way.
The Deatschwerks website wasn't much help. It only showed the S147 sock in an assembly number including a pump.

I know I'm not the first to do this, but not finding part numbers for the filter socks made it feel that way.
The Deatschwerks website wasn't much help. It only showed the S147 sock in an assembly number including a pump.
So one could purchase the coupler for the pumps from racetronix.Then use a factory hanger and 2 DW pumps?

So one could purchase the coupler for the pumps from racetronix.Then use a factory hanger and 2 DW pumps?

I’m not sure the factory hanger has enough pins in the connector to support two pumps.
The double pumpers come with a unique hotwire kit so the first pump is turned on by the stock wiring and the second comes on with a boost switch (typically 15 psi).

I bought the double pumper hanger and unique hotwire kit used and had to modify it for the DW pumps. The base plate and special filter socks.

Adding photos.

Again, the holes in the base plate are not large enough for the DW pumps.

I made a new base plate to weld to the mounting collar once the old one was removed. (no photo)

Here’s with everything mounted with special filter sock.
I couldn’t find the invoice for the special filter sock. The sock is part of an install kit. # 9-1008

I got (2) socks (socks only) through Mark at TR Customs ( www.buickgn.com )
I’m sure he can help you as well as others.
3BF7E3A1-FFEF-4785-9115-224C72BD06CD.jpeg

0F06E0F1-7CFB-44F0-9E55-967EC8BE0490.jpeg

E19B2B01-309C-48AE-A047-558A76245D97.jpeg

9FE178CF-656D-4F87-84D5-40BA2C87211F.jpeg

Adding photos.

Again, the holes in the base plate are not large enough for the DW pumps.

I made a new base plate to weld to the mounting collar once the old one was removed. (no photo)

Here’s with everything mounted with special filter sock.
I couldn’t find the invoice for the special filter sock. The sock is part of an install kit. # 9-1008

I got (2) socks (socks only) through Mark at TR Customs ( www.buickgn.com )
I’m sure he can help you as well as others.
View attachment 350478

View attachment 350476

View attachment 350477

View attachment 350479
Great job documenting. I have a Racetronix single pump, but I purchased the parts to make it a double pump and I think I would rather buy the DW pumps because they are the best.