DAVE HUSEK TRANNY REBUILD

conn84gn

Picking up my tranny and new converter tomorrow
In addition to the rebuild Dave turned my 84BQ into a BRF :)
One week turn around can't beat that

jlat

hello people: This happens alot where you ask something and your told to go somewhere else. Why not just give the answer? That's what I do.
I'll go there, thanks'
IBBY

conn84gn

I also bought the deep pan and new oil cooler
In my case there was extra cost to do the conversion to BRF which is not something he doesn't often, if at all

V6sleeper

hello people: This happens alot where you ask something and your told to go somewhere else. Why not just give the answer? That's what I do.
I'll go there, thanks'
IBBY
People dont like saying exactly what they paid no offence, it feels too personal sometimes, i gave you the general range in post 21 and add around $650 for his converter or he will update your old converter, dont expect to get a quote for a thousand dollars for a reputable 2004r build !

jlat

People dont like saying exactly what they paid no offence, it feels too personal sometimes, i gave you the general range in post 21 and add around $650 for his converter or he will update your old converter, dont expect to get a quote for a thousand dollars for a reputable 2004r build !
come on people: where talking about cars and not your sex life.
IBBY

holmestyles

Curious what chip you have? I'm running a older 5.7 TT, does this chip lock up 3rd gear.
I have a different newer one but if you ask TurboTweak to remove 3rd gear lockup he did it no extra charge. Only thing I know he removes with every chip by default because he told me is the EGR. I don't know if that's par for the course with older chips but I'd imagine it is. He's familiar with Mr. Husek's converters as well if you can imagine that...lol

conn84gn

I'll have to lookup the chip it is a older one
Converter is 3000-3200 lockup

conn84gn

Update transmission now has 100 miles on it and working great.
Upshifts and downshifts very smooth no clunking
I like the new 3000-3200 stall convertor
Dave's called me a couple times checking to see if everything is Ok
Again Dave turned my tranny from a BQ into a BRF
If you need a tranny rebuild Dave's the man

cartel

just had to say im almost EXACTLY as the original post- i bought a Duttweiler motor and a Art carr trans-- the trans literally lasted a week -Art carr and Kenny were both great to deal with and Art sent me the parts to fix it on round 1. (the converter was defective and blew up and parts went thru the trans.. however it never felt "perfect" never had a solid clean shift . So spoke to a few people and Picked David to build another .. first time built a stage 2.. plus converter ..motor was only 600hp then and when i got it in-- the trans was fantastic..
client drove a year and then went to the track for a day and meth injection didnt perform correctly and it melted a piston we were on 94 and 18psi i think then?
trans was still fine and sent motor back to kenny and went larger cam (was already TA block and heads) and rods for 1100 hp.. new turbo to 28 psi on e85 - did 940 flywheel at 28 and over 1000 at 31 . reinstall and car ran quite well a whole summer- after a Street outlaw type burnout it literally blew the pump apart.. apparently this is rare-- anyway sent it back to David and upgraded to stage 3 and i just have to say his service has been excellent- i still have the art carr sitting in a box but never will go back to it. originally kept as a spare but now i know id wait for David to fix his before ever going back to that one again--
I wish David built 4l80e as well -as this particular car is likely at the limit now for HP on a 200r4 but so far working well --