DAVE HUSEK TRANNY REBUILD

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
Just got my tranny rebuilt and a new converter from Turbo Buick Performance
When I bought my car the seller showed me a receipt from Art Carr for 1000.00 in parts. Billet this and that and his best rebuild kit and told me it was in great shape. When I test drove the car it had street tires and a poor tune so I couldn't put any power to it with sticky tires. I assumed based on the money he spent it was not something id have to deal with. Well I bought sticky tires and had Cal tune it and the tranny died pretty quickly. It started flaring 3rd gear shifts recently and I began to look for a builder. I almost bought an Art Carr rebuild kit and took it to local shop where the owner had a turbo buick. But I thought it was still a roll of the dice. I called all the big name builders and only 1 answered the phone and answered my questions. I have a great local mechanic I could trust to R and R the tranny but shipping to some far away state didn't seem wise. Dave talked to me every time I called and told me he could get the tranny there and back pretty easily and inexpensively. I thought that with his expertise I would have zero concern that the trans was built right, had the right parts and my torque converter would be checked and verified to not be a problem.
I had it put on a pallet and it was 120.00 to NY from FL. He called me every day he worked on it giving me updates and telling how horribly the builder had done and that he was going to have to replace many of the hard parts, not because they were broken or shot but because they just didn't meet his tight tolerances or had too much wear. 7 days later I had the tranny being put on a pallet back to me with his custom built converter. 110.00 back to the house and my guy installed it with Dave on the phone for at least 30 min making sure everything was set perfectly.
Im 2 days into it and just passed the break in mileage. I absolutely love the very tame but very clean and crisp shifts. More throttle and its even cleaner and firmer. I couldn't ask for more. Its over 600 RWHP and the tires are the ones complaining now.
I felt like he had my car the way he handled the build. I know the tranny is right and I cant stop driving it,
If your tranny isn't what it should be, I recommend Dave all the way.

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Dave is a class act!

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't be located much further away & still be inside the USA.

Mr.Spool

I have been running Dave duel fed full billet 200 for years now in my nt car it has taken a true beating,street driven and raced.dave is a pleasure to deal with as well

jthomas

Same here. Dave built mine and got me a custom converter. I have been pounding on it ever since. Shifts great, no flares. Dave always answers the phone. He’s very particular in his builds and won’t sell you a part you don’t need.

holmestyles

Just got my tranny rebuilt and a new converter from Turbo Buick Performance
When I bought my car the seller showed me a receipt from Art Carr for 1000.00 in parts. Billet this and that and his best rebuild kit and told me it was in great shape. When I test drove the car it had street tires and a poor tune so I couldn't put any power to it with sticky tires. I assumed based on the money he spent it was not something id have to deal with. Well I bought sticky tires and had Cal tune it and the tranny died pretty quickly. It started flaring 3rd gear shifts recently and I began to look for a builder. I almost bought an Art Carr rebuild kit and took it to local shop where the owner had a turbo buick. But I thought it was still a roll of the dice. I called all the big name builders and only 1 answered the phone and answered my questions. I have a great local mechanic I could trust to R and R the tranny but shipping to some far away state didn't seem wise. Dave talked to me every time I called and told me he could get the tranny there and back pretty easily and inexpensively. I thought that with his expertise I would have zero concern that the trans was built right, had the right parts and my torque converter would be checked and verified to not be a problem.
I had it put on a pallet and it was 120.00 to NY from FL. He called me every day he worked on it giving me updates and telling how horribly the builder had done and that he was going to have to replace many of the hard parts, not because they were broken or shot but because they just didn't meet his tight tolerances or had too much wear. 7 days later I had the tranny being put on a pallet back to me with his custom built converter. 110.00 back to the house and my guy installed it with Dave on the phone for at least 30 min making sure everything was set perfectly.
Im 2 days into it and just passed the break in mileage. I absolutely love the very tame but very clean and crisp shifts. More throttle and its even cleaner and firmer. I couldn't ask for more. Its over 600 RWHP and the tires are the ones complaining now.
I felt like he had my car the way he handled the build. I know the tranny is right and I cant stop driving it,
If your tranny isn't what it should be, I recommend Dave all the way.
Enjoying the hell out of mine as well. Dave's rebuild was the cherry on top of my restore as I can actually drive the car properly. Precise shifts that send you down the road. Dave is one of the realest people you will ever deal with. Answers the phone and calls you back. He called today to check on the car and we talked for 20+ minutes as usual. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger before parts skyrocket. Do it.

Gene Van Horn

Built mine 5 years ago,still works perfect. Great guy to deal with. Good choice by u to send it up.

holmestyles

Dave is the realest person I have dealt with in a long, long time. Refreshing to meet people like him. Money well $pent!!
Especially now that the new TTchip is matched with the convertor. Dave had me ask Eric to disable the lockup in 3rd gear as it's bad for these transmissions. Smoothed the ride out 100%

jlat

hello people: Could one oy youz that had Dave do there trans. tell me about how much it cost?
IBBY

Ktbregal

Curious what chip you have? I'm running a older 5.7 TT, does this chip lock up 3rd gear.

V6sleeper

hello people: Could one oy youz that had Dave do there trans. tell me about how much it cost?
IBBY
Call Dave he will quote you a price, he has different build packages for what your looking to do.

poppy1440

Dave has built two transmissions for me in 2 different cars and both were great. We have spent many hours talking with me mainly trying to convince him to move down south. Awesome vendor

erikelvis

I’m not ready for a rebuild and I know you it was mentioned to call but I’d hate to waste his time right now. What’s the range on these packages?

434nova

I’m not ready for a rebuild and I know you it was mentioned to call but I’d hate to waste his time right now. What’s the range on these packages?
Dave has a website so it should give you a idea on pricing. Turbobuickperformance.com