Dashboard upper deck panel, (or whatever it's called)

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
Mike,

Why not make us some of these things!?

Mine is cracked and so is everyone elses, I think.

I wouldn't even care if it duplicated the original exactly. As long a it fit.

Maybe even consider adding gauge pockets in them or something.

I was going to make a flat replacement for my Buick out of 1/8th Masonite and covering it in headliner material or vinyl. But if you could produce a decent replacement with some cool features, I won't go through the trouble.

I'll tell you what I did. Mine cracked at the speaker grill like most do. I cut out the speaker grill area to allow for the taller higher quality speakers I installed. I then made 2 speaker covers the same shape as the area molded in. I covered them in a black sheer material from a fabric store. Now the dash has a similar look to the Concert Sound door panels. They dont look out of place at all in my opinion. I do not have pics right now. If you would like a few...text me 814-336-4707

Thank you
Coach

repros are available under $200 and cant tell them from the NOS original , just replace it

repros are available under $200 and cant tell them from the NOS original , just replace it
Are they?

Do I have to get them from G-body?

I finally had my first bad experience with him. Now I'm thinking of driving down there to set his joint on fire. It only costed me 40 bucks, but in my world, that's all it takes.

Really set it on fire.. thats not cool at all. Look at the hell RC went through with that..

I understand being upset but i would never wish that on anyone

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Really set it on fire.. thats not cool at all. Look at the hell RC went through with that..

Oh, come on.:)

I'm not serious about that.:sneaky:

It is after all, only 40 bucks.

I have actually seen one here locally made of wood and color matched. It took me a few minutes to figure out t what was going on. He had drill several small holes in a circular patteren.
It didn't look bad and it would have been even harder to tell it was wood but he beveled the edge and it wasn't painted

Gilbert already tried that.....

When installing a new upper dash panel, leave all of the mounting screws loose. This allows the panel to flex and move during heating of the day and will not cause the cracking and warping to occur. The whole reason they crack around the speaker grilles is because they are at their thinnest/weakest point there and when they heat up and expand with tight screws, this causes them to crack. I have replaced both of my panels with NOS ones and left the screws loose and have not had any issues with them since.

Nice tip there Venus. I bought new one and didnt do that,just warped like the old. 200.00 a pop gets old, wish i would have known!

When installing a new upper dash panel, leave all of the mounting screws loose. This allows the panel to flex and move during heating of the day and will not cause the cracking and warping to occur. The whole reason they crack around the speaker grilles is because they are at their thinnest/weakest point there and when they heat up and expand with tight screws, this causes them to crack. I have replaced both of my panels with NOS ones and left the screws loose and have not had any issues with them since.
Will it rattle a little?

I hope not. It would probably drive me frigging nuts and I'll end up using Liquid Nails to stick it down!

You can put some O rings on the back side on the screws. That will let you snug them down but still be loose and won't rattle.

i don't put any screws in . put a thin foam weatherstrip on the front edge if your worried about noise but i havent had any noise

Coach, how about whittling some of these out of aluminum?
I honestly considered laser cutting a thin brushed stainless piece to lay over the factory. I do not have a machine with enough 'X" travel to make them from scratch, plus the fixture would cost more then the pieces.
If I had a machine with enough travel, my downforce wings would be on the market already.

Will it rattle a little?

I hope not. It would probably drive me frigging nuts and I'll end up using Liquid Nails to stick it down!

Does not rattle and I have my screws very loose. So much so you can see the gap between the screws and the dash panel.