Dash gauge cluster

Rahob

I have found many different styles available and they're all very costly, similar to the one a few posts below mine, about Dakota. However, the Dakota look really sharp. So long term plans for myself, I'd like to not have gauges mounted all over the place. I know there will be a need for some. I found this place, which I could not find in here by searching their name, unless it was a word combo I didn't use. Wondering if anyone has heard of them, or anyone has any of their clusters? Does anyone know of any other brands, or ones o can fit in the factory dash using the factory cluster area?

wonder if anyone has tried to put a Monte Carlo gauge set in
That'd be a much cheaper alternative if it works. I'd like the added boost/vacuum from the link I added. But even though those are cheaper, $700+ is still a handful. I just really want to try to keep things clutter free as much as possible.

I found this from a while back, great idea, but unfortunately I don't have access to told like that.

There was a group purchase of these NVU gauge clusters years ago when they were first developed. Might want to do a search, but I am sure they have made some improvements based on feedback. I have one of the original units in my car currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a group purchase of these NVU gauge clusters years ago when they were first developed. Might want to do a search, but I am sure they have made some improvements based on feedback. I have one of the original units in my car currently.

Found it, thank you!

While reading through that thread, I found that's the same company in the link in my op. That's cool they're still around and making them for the turbo Regals. Especially that they're much cheaper then the others I've seen.

Found it, thank you!

While reading through that thread, I found that's the same company in the link in my op. That's cool they're still around and making them for the turbo Regals. Especially that they're much cheaper then the others I've seen.
I was in on the original buy from NVU, and there's a reason they're cheaper. Sending units were the first problem, lighting the second, and 1 by 1, the gauges started failing. I finally pulled the dash, threw all the gauges out, and installed Auto Meters. Problem solved, but it made for a very expensive dash.

I have one of the original, pre production NVU Gauge sets as well. The lighting was terrible and had to be sent back for repair. The lights for turn signals high/low beam etc. are nearly impossible to see during the day. All my gauges except fuel level and Speedo functioned fine. The speedo was jumpy until I put in an autometer GPS sender and now it's fine.

The new production ones might be ok. I noticed they've completely changed the way they're wired. The gauges do look great. If I was starting from scratch I'd get the GNS package or see if I could find a good used AVC Package. I had one of those and it was great. I'll spare you the long story of why I got rid of it, Big mistake.

This Winter's project is to pull the gauges, make a new panel with LED's for turn signals, high/low beam and alky lights that I can see.

Ouch.. that's surely not good, and disappointing. Even though still cheaper, it's still a large amount of money just for gauges in the dash. (Yes I know I would be paying for more then just that)
It would be nice to think that they fixed the issues being that they still carry them, although *slightly different then the picture I saw posted in that thread.
Those Dakota clusters, I think are beautiful, they have such an OE look to them. It's just the cost. Also, I read you can add up to 16 more parameters that can be monitored, unfortunately, one at a time. I'd like to be able to monitor a few at a time.
This is still a far off project, I just like to have things planned out in advance.

I have one of the original, pre production NVU Gauge sets as well. The lighting was terrible and had to be sent back for repair. The lights for turn signals high/low beam etc. are nearly impossible to see during the day. All my gauges except fuel level and Speedo functioned fine. The speedo was jumpy until I put in an autometer GPS sender and now it's fine.

The new production ones might be ok. I noticed they've completely changed the way they're wired. The gauges do look great. If I was starting from scratch I'd get the GNS package or see if I could find a good used AVC Package. I had one of those and it was great. I'll spare you the long story of why I got rid of it, Big mistake.

This Winter's project is to pull the gauges, make a new panel with LED's for turn signals, high/low beam and alky lights that I can see.

I am eventually going to pull mine and either change the gauges to Speed Hut or the entire cluster to my AVC unit. My speedo and fuel gauge has never worked properly. I have ran out of gas numerous of occasion trusting the gas gauge.

Whatever I go with, I would like to swap in Speed Hut gauges.

Hi Guy's!

There have been rumors running around that our GNS dash insert is the same as the NVU & AVC dash's. That is 100% false! The first rendition of our dash's was originally done in 2008 and installed in our white GNS Test Car in 2009. At that time "Nobody" had a design like that except the man who designed it originally that we got the blessing from to go ahead and make them. Then in 2013 someone took a picture of our dash and decided to do a group buy from NVU and out comes a dash that looks identical to ours made very cheaply. The main source of the rumors so far comes out of RCG as they think all we did was sell their dash and put our name on it... I have Proof that we had that style/design first and our product is Vastly different... So please for the record the GNS Performance dash inserts are not related in any way. We happen to have a LIFETIME warranty on our whole Dash Insert and Proudly stand behind it! After 79 dash inserts sold to date we have only had 2 oil sending unit failures and 2 people having issues programing their gas gauge to their sending units. Those issues have been solved and the oil sending units have been changed by the manufacture to a Much more accurate & reliable unit... We now have 4 different Dash inserts to choose from and we still Custom Build them for any customer who wishes to make theirs different! https://www.gnsperformance.com/g-body-dash-inserts