Darn gas guage

bgndobe

86 GN
It's "stuck"..........I guess.
I can't see the needle anywhere (not near the "empty" end or the "full" end.)
Do I have tp drop the gas tank and "unstick" the float to fix this???

Let us know what you find out. After replacing my gas tank, now my gauge is about 1/4-1/2 tank low. I actually watched the gauge go down while I accelerated! My gauge always read low, but not this bad!

fuel sender

With the further aging of these cars and the worsening fuel conditions many different problems can show up in fuel systems. Sometimes I have found the float starts to become saturated with fuel making them a little heavier. This could be why your fuel gauge is reading lower than normal. Assuming all your resistance values are good. Just a thought

my fuel level gauge sending unit crapped out on me, I have the factory U52 digital dash, was just getting two hyphens "--" on the display. per the factory service manual (FSM), used an ohm-meter to get the reading on the wire from the gas tank, which told me "replace", it was a complete open circuit.

got the replacement (digital dash sending unit is different from regular analog dash), installed it at the same time I replaced the pump, and everything was good again.

crappy gas quality for sure, and maybe not driving the car enough?