Danny Bee Belt Drive cam sync bracket

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
My latest effort is to design a bracket to mount a cam sync sensor for the Danney Bee Belt drive. The bracket will have provisions to mount the factor pointer or just use the TDC indicator that's cut into the bracket. Also the bracket will support the 60-2 sensor mount and trigger wheel set-up.
AG.

Crank_Trigger_DannyBee_05.JPG
Crank_Trigger_DannyBee_06.JPG
Danny_Bee_Magnet.jpg
 

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
Let me know if you make multiple.
I can easily make multiple parts. I'll probably be making a new order soon. I also have a stand-alone bracket for just the cam sensor for those not running CNP and have no need for the 60-2.

far as the bracket I posted above, its really just tailored to me and my custom 60-2 wheel and is tailored around the depth and mounting of my wheel. If anyone really thinks they want this setup I would suggest this, I hear there is a possibility that a vendor may be making a balancer with the 60-2 teeth already in the shell. Dimensionally much different that what I have and requires totally different brackets but I already have a design solution for that. I don't want to steal away the thunder so I wont give away details since I'm not even sure if it will become reality just yet.
 

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
These are other solutions that I can make for those not needing the 60-2 wheel trigger function.
AG.

These are just a few variations of the cam sensor mount I started with. As I got deeper into the project I started refining and adding features. The bottom one has the TDC pointer mount and a notch at the appropriate spot if not running a factory pointer.

cam sensor bracket.JPG
cam sensor bracket_A.JPG
cam sensor bracket_B.JPG
 
  • Like
Reactions: turbo nasty

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
Some updated pictures with physical hardware. This is preliminary mock-up brackets and going to make some more with changes I decided to make to clear the external belt drive oil pump.
AG




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
Jun 9, 2015
299
246
43
49
Hooterville
Now that's a nice piece.
I don't know all the accessories I'm going to use, so I have not got this far yet. I'll be building something similar.
 

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
Now that's a nice piece.
I don't know all the accessories I'm going to use, so I have not got this far yet. I'll be building something similar.
Thanks, I only have an alternator and belt driven oil pump to worry about so not to much there. I'm waiting on a computer model of the oil pump so that I can design the bracket for that but I do have an idea on where that pulley placement will be. Basically the only with that may need some fine tuning will be the bracket spacing but should be close as-is.
AG.
 

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
Jun 9, 2015
299
246
43
49
Hooterville
Thanks, I only have an alternator and belt driven oil pump to worry about so not to much there. I'm waiting on a computer model of the oil pump so that I can design the bracket for that but I do have an idea on where that pulley placement will be. Basically the only with that may need some fine tuning will be the bracket spacing but should be close as-is.
AG.
Add Power Steering pump for me....and I am flirting with AC. I'm really gonna try to design mine to use all one belt....and that is gonna be tricky.
 

turbobitt

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2002
2,390
373
83
47
Southington CT
Made some design changes to accommodate the external oil pump and a different style cam sensor. After some bench testing I decided to go with the same sensor I used for the crank trigger. I also made the main bracket 2 pieces so that the cam sensor location could be fixed but also changed out if the position needed to be changed and not be to costly making a larger bracket.

I designed the oil pump mounting brackets and even modeled the belt so that I could accurately make the bracket based on available belt sizes. The oil pump bracket was the biggest challenge since I incorporated the bracket into the existing studs used to hold the oil pump sections together. The end result is a super stable pump mount.

Next stop is hardware anodizing......
AG.

Danny_Bee_Crank_Trigger (01).JPG
Danny_Bee_Crank_Trigger (04).JPG
oil_pump_01.JPG
oil_pump_02.JPG
 
Last edited: