Damn magazine guys...

rick j.

I see that fact checking has gone out the window at R&T. At least they got the GNX as a bada$$ legend right!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a26912/10-badass-variants-of-boring-cars/

image.png

I'm just surprised they even got the pic right. I figured they would've shown a GN instead. And besides a total disregard of fact checking, I think the list of 10 is highly questionable with regards to 2 of em. As is the usage of the word "badass."

the Caprice 9C1 that the Impala was based on was definitely not a "boring" car.. all 3 of mine have been pretty damn fun: the carbureted 350 powered 87 and the TBI 350 powered 92 were both screamers off the line thanks to their 3.42 posi rear ends and the LT1 powered 94 pulled hard and stayed nice and stable right up to the top end fuel cutoff at something like 140mph thanks to it's 3.08 open rear end. and if they were so boring, then why were people always driving do damn slow in front of me and staring in their rear view mirrors whenever i drove them?

What else would you expect from "mush brain journalists" that think the new Fiat and their like are cool, fast cars?

Since they do not know the difference about a GN and GNX and are too lazy to find the actual facts, they think we are more stupid then they are!

Also as they have been improvising stories and BS reports since the 80's with the GN, why would we expect anything less from these keyboard "experts". :confused:

Buicks do not sell car magazines, Camaros and Mustangs do, oh maybe new Fiats are the "thing" for them now?

the Caprice 9C1 that the Impala was based on was definitely not a "boring" car.. all 3 of mine have been pretty damn fun: the carbureted 350 powered 87 and the TBI 350 powered 92 were both screamers off the line thanks to their 3.42 posi rear ends and the LT1 powered 94 pulled hard and stayed nice and stable right up to the top end fuel cutoff at something like 140mph thanks to it's 3.08 open rear end. and if they were so boring, then why were people always driving do damn slow in front of me and staring in their rear view mirrors whenever i drove them?
Yes they drove slow and looked in the rearview. Because they thought it was a cop behind them!

the Caprice 9C1 that the Impala was based on was definitely not a "boring" car.. all 3 of mine have been pretty damn fun...............................

That Caprice was a sleeper and great driver, I think of it as my "living room" on steroids! :)

The version I really liked was the Buick Roadmaster station wagon, not as quick as the Caprice, but I love the old big boat comfort on the road.