Dakota Digital Dash - tachometer hook up

Chris Ngo

Help... I've finished wiring my Dakota Digital Dash in an 87 GN. Everything is working as it should, oil, water, volts, turn signals, high beam indicator, etc. However, the tach isn't working. I've tried to tap into the wiring harness that plugs into the ignition control module (nothing), I've used the lead from behind the altenator, nothing (no signal). I read on the Facebook Grand National Tech group that a tach adapter is needed for the Dakota Digital Dash, anyone else experience this? Any help is great appreciated to point me in the right direction to purchase the correct adapter needed. Thank you in advance!!

I haven't mounted the control box yet, all my wires are from a spool of 16 gauge or 18 gauge that I had to cut to length so they're all going to reach. When I'm done, I believe the control box will get zip tied to the underside of the steering column so the wires can be easily accessed in case there's a need.

Can you please tell me how you wired for the gas gauge? I am unsure of how to wire my control box. I have the VHX Dakota Digital in a 85 regal.