976AF7C7-8E83-4F77-8458-776EB38F1B2C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 584742C8-0CCF-4260-9A30-95ECBF10181B.jpeg
    584742C8-0CCF-4260-9A30-95ECBF10181B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 89
  • 685740C6-04F5-4417-ADCF-9F6F9121BFF3.jpeg
    685740C6-04F5-4417-ADCF-9F6F9121BFF3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
if you do the same color, recommended so you don't have to change door jambs, inside trunk area, hood, etc...., put a nice contrasting pinstripe on it to separate the main two colors. Maybe a purple or a nice grey.

It looks bad ass.

if you do the same color, recommended so you don't have to change door jambs, inside trunk area, hood, etc...., put a nice contrasting pinstripe on it to separate the main two colors. Maybe a purple or a nice grey.

It looks bad ass.
Gonna put the original stripe from the factory

sand1: I understand the desire to make the paint pretty. I've done it a few times as well. The cars came out near perfect! Then, I almost never drove them again. They were so nice that they turned into garage art. I recall the most fun we had with these cars was driving the ones that were not so pretty. You didn't need to worry about a ding or anyone even looking at the car twice. As much as I admire nice pant and body, I feel like it made the cars less fun and made me more worried about messing them up.

Just my .02 but I'd leave it alone. I think it looks great...

sand1: I understand the desire to make the paint pretty. I've done it a few times as well. The cars came out near perfect! Then, I almost never drove them again. They were so nice that they turned into garage art. I recall the most fun we had with these cars was driving the ones that were not so pretty. You didn't need to worry about a ding or anyone even looking at the car twice. As much as I admire nice pant and body, I feel like it made the cars less fun and made me more worried about messing them up.

Yah all my turbo regals I owned I did repaint on them I like my car to look as good as it performs

I gave you a like, but we all take chances every day. It's a built in part of life.

I'm not discounting any part of your pain, I had my '86 stolen from my driveway and never heard another thing about it. That SUCKED.

Long story short, when I had saved enough money, in '10, I bought another.

The rest is here on the board. :cool:

Is it even legal to paint a TR in the summer? Thought the law says it has to be done in winter when to car is put up.

I gave you a like, but we all take chances every day. It's a built in part of life.

I'm not discounting any part of your pain, I had my '86 stolen from my driveway and never heard another thing about it. That SUCKED.

Long story short, when I had saved enough money, in '10, I bought another.

The rest is here on the board. :cool:

You too? I feel the PAIN. I had my first TR, an 86ttype, stolen while I was stationed in Korea back in the mid-90's. Never to be seen again. I eventually got another Buick and another and so forth. The ones I left in ratty condition were the ones that were the most fun. We'd go all over the place in SoCal, to the grocery store, whatever. If I break out the GN it's a production- gotta take off the cover, dust and then show shine the whole thing, then clean the wheels, then drive and park carefully to avoid fools.. When we would go to shows, I'd be worried about people leaning, touching stuff on the car and otherwise behaving in a "non-car guy" manner. I found that we almost never the drive the GN. I have a ton of money in the perfect paint and body and I don't enjoy it was much as my ratty monster.

Since I never learn, I did the same thing with a super clean ttype that I ended up giving away and now a 67 Pontiac Tempest that I have $20k into- new metal work and there's still no paint, stock engine, stock suspension!! (I tend to go overboard)- That's a project I've been dragging around for YEARS. No fun at all. At least not yet. One of these days...

Anyway, my point was that "too nice" makes you want to keep it like that and it's simply harder to do so. If it weren't for the fact that I don't like the red interiors, I migt be inclined to offer to trade my GN to this car or a similar car with non-perfect paint just so I could enjoy it more and not worry about it as much.