Custom Syclone project for sale/what's it worth

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Buddy of mine has #498 and it's been a project for 10+ years.

SHORT version: Wrecked circa 95-96. Wiped out one side. ALL sheetmetal is new genuine GM parts, except the bed, which came from Arizona and was bead blasted. New GM hood, doors, fenders, one rocker, back of cab and roof skin (had aftermarket sunroof which he wanted gone). Firewall and floor pan are only original parts. Professionally painted GM sunset orange. He bought a complete used set of cladding many years back for it, and a complete set of nice stock wheels (one good front and back original wheel come with it also) Engine was rebuilt with forged pistons and H beam rods. Bolt-ons galore! Think it's a Te60 turbo, 10 inch converter, ATR downpipe and external gate, 009 injectors, seventh injector kit, msd box, boost a pump, 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust and high flow cat, atomic rooster air/air intercooler, etc. And all have 0 miles on them.

The bad: It IS a salvage title, although it only means anything on paper as it's completely redone front to rear. Think it has 60-80k actual miles, all of which were highway miles prior to the wreck.
It's in pieces. Everything was painted, engine set in it, think they had it running, but the owner isn't real custom EFI savvy and had another guy putting it together who lost interest basically and hung him on it. It's really sad because it's SOOO close to being a bad ass machine but he's lost interest in throwing any more time/money at it. he's got over $25k in it, and the guy he bought it from (the painter) put a ton of his time and love into it also and that's not figured into the $25k figure.

I know everyone is going to want pics but what's it worth as it sits? And is anyone here interested? Possibility of selling it as a roller and parting out the engine parts isn't out of the question. A real syclone roller with new orange paint and trans/t-case is worth????(think LS swap!) Engine and bolt on goodies worth?

If it were a Typhoon i'd have to finish it myself but my family won't fit in it. Probably for the best.

O BTW it's in Kansas City

Pictures would be nice! I'm interested to see what it looks like....

Quick heads up that pictures are in progress. Truck currently has different fenders on it for messing with the new engine, he's getting all the parts rounded up to get some decent pics of it. Any serious inquiry can post here or PM me for his email.

D
Quick heads up that pictures are in progress. Truck currently has different fenders on it for messing with the new engine, he's getting all the parts rounded up to get some decent pics of it. Any serious inquiry can post here or PM me for his email.
did the syclone sell ?

Ineedagn are we going out for a mini buick meeting when ya get in town? Im buying!

Syclone aint moved an inch since i created this thread.

And 6cylboost I'll let you know next time im in kc..

Interested, Can someone please contact me regarding this as a roller and how much? Would like to see some pictures too....

All I can do at this point is forward your contact info to him. I'm sure the winter weather isn't going to motivate him to get good pics of it.