Custom Aluminum Inner Fenders

achalmersman

May 28, 2012
Delaware
Man you guys that can fab make me so jealous. Electrical / mechanical I'm good. But don't ask me to fab something lol

Looks great. Mass producing? ;)

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Sep 15, 2004
SC
ive seen that engine bay in gm high tech ... but why aluminum plastic is less weight ?

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
May 26, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.ArizonaGN.com
What a great job, very impressive!

We did a set of custom steel inner fenders a few years ago, but did not do a template.

However we now have a couple orders to make them again, and to do that we would like to do a template to re-produce a few, but the development and labor cost is a large/questionable factor?

Since we are doing a major project on a GN we plan make a set per the owner's request.

With sufficient demand, templetes would necessary to make these affordable.

We are still evaluating the G-body market demand and start-up costs for production to include other brands like Monte's, Pontiac and Old's vehicles as well?

Inner Fender.jpg

karolko

Sep 18, 2007
Alberta, Canada
First step in duplicating the nicest TR engine bay of all time IMO. Excellent job. (y)

Thanks alot,

This was actually my inspiration, but i wanted to change a bunch of little things to make them my own. The biggest thing was to raise the arc of the entire wheelwell so that i could hide the mounting bolts and also hide the wiring for the headlights and hood release. Sounds easy but is created alot of problems when it came to the arc and making it fit properly to the rear firewall.

The worst part is i still have to build the passenger side which will be alot more labour intensive due to the 5" aluminum exhaust. I will have to put reliefs in the fender so it wraps around the exhaust and has enough clearance so it doesn't warp the inner fender and peel the paint off.

Plastic is lighter, but they are soo ugly. Once i have the entire engine bay finished i will snap a photo of the entire engine bay. I think everyone will be happily surprised.

Grape juice container.... Italian store for making wine. I primered the fender at a buddies shop. :)

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
Jun 14, 2001
Canada
What a great job, very impressive!

We did a set of custom steel inner fenders a few years ago, but did not do a template.

However we now have a couple orders to make them again, and to do that we would like to do a template to re-produce a few, but the development and labor cost is a large/questionable factor?

Since we are doing a major project on a GN we plan make a set per the owner's request.

With sufficient demand, templetes would necessary to make these affordable.

We are still evaluating the G-body market demand and start-up costs for production to include other brands like Monte's, Pontiac and Old's vehicles as well?

View attachment 249891
Hey Nick,

You can put me down for a couple of sets if they flare out more towards the fenders like Jim's and Adrian's above. If you can replace the rivets with some bead rolling, so much the better. :) I plan on talking to you about bringing my car down to your shop in the next year or so anyways. ;)

Reactions: Boost231