CruizinKev's 1979 Monte Carlo

Split the inner wheel well and then add a strip to widen it. A strip of metal will cost less than those "custom" parts will.;)

woohoo got the wheels!!!!! :D

20x10

IMAG0388.jpg

on the left its the 20x8.5 and on the right the 20x10

IMAG0389.jpg

got some more work done today. will put body back on frame to bring the whole thing to another location for work on the body. some cut and welds and getting ready for paint in few weeks.

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

just got my rear wheel back from the tire guy. 285/30-20 Falken FK453 on Showwheels Streeter 20x10 Custom Black

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

:D

Awesome work! I can't wait to see those wheels bolted up. I was thinking about getting something similar in 18's though.

thanks man! ;)

today's update. test fitted my 20x10 wheel and oh well it looks SWEET!!!! :D

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

brought body back on frame, put the stock rear end back on and tested the wheels again - wheel rubs bad on inside of the frame. will try a wheel adapter to make it fit but maybe will also notch the frame a little. but will test with a adapter first.

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

thanks man! :)

unfortunately front wheels won't clear C5 calipers/brakes without spacers. but I'll get some 20mm adapters/spacers on rear and will try them on front as well.

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

fronts are 20x8.5 with 5.25 BS and rears are 20x10 with 5.5 BS

oh and here some pics of my sweet nice doors :D

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

I test fitted H&R 20mm adapters/spacers on each side today. I used some washers to simulate the front C5 brake rotor thickness. now the front wheels clear the C5 calipers :)

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

so I tried the 20mm spacer on the rear and it looked like this:

IMAG0548.jpg

I think it looks okay and clears the frame now - but I think I want 30mm spacers now :D just added some washers to simulate a 30mm spacer:

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

Please note there's no weight/interior/doors/engine in the car so thats why the suspension is pretty high right now LOL

oh and here's another cool shot (with 20mm spacers):

IMAG0553.jpg

Why????????????Why all that work its a 79 monte carlo for gods sake.It will cost you endless hours and thousands by the time its driveable again.Stop while you re ahead save your money and buy something that has value and that you dont have to change every single part on.

Why????????????Why all that work its a 79 monte carlo for gods sake.It will cost you endless hours and thousands by the time its driveable again.Stop while you re ahead save your money and buy something that has value and that you dont have to change every single part on.
It's his car and he can do as he want's with it. Kevin's doing a really nice job of building a pro touring car and considering he's in Germany that's one heck of a feat.;)

I am trying to give him some sound advice ,dont get all excited!Do you even know how much money it will take especially in Germany to turn that thing into a pro touring car?The kid might as well buy a house .

Seriously? This guy is putting his blood, sweat, and money into making the car he wants, and is giving us a great free show. I think this thing is going to be amazing when it's done. A car I could only have in my dreams.

I am trying to give him some sound advice ,dont get all excited!Do you even know how much money it will take especially in Germany to turn that thing into a pro touring car?The kid might as well buy a house .
Have you priced a house in Germany? The car will be cheaper and he'll enjoy what he's doing as well as learning as he goes. He's also teaching others how to do something by his posting. If you look up his website I think you'll find this isn't his only car and he's not hurting for $ either.;)

lol funny to see what some people think about my project. :D I know what I'm doing and love it.

today I cut my rear fender lips a little. stock lips are about 1" wide.

IMAG0573.jpg

I half cut them and will roll them later to clear the tires.

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

I built an 89 dodge d100 a few years back and everybody asked WHY? I wanted to be different...same thing kev's doing. When it was finished I won many best of shows, got shot for truckin magazine on the first outing, and sold it for big bucks. Some people hate the GN being blue....I like being different....and for a few bucks it could be black again and one of the baddest GN's around. Camarocz has made posts in other threads that were along the same negative lines and I wouldn't let it bother you. Anybody can by a POS and you have more respect for getting creative and overcoming challenges with different methods. Keep up the good work..

thanks man! :)

I removed the rear springs yesterday and set the car's height to what I want the ride height later. I wanted to see if it'll fit with the trimmed fenders lips and the 30mm spacer. Looks like I just need to roll the lips now and I'll be set.

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg