CRL Texas Mother Road Cruise: June 10th-12th 2011

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
This is from www.dfwcharityracing.com

The direct link is CRL Texas Mother Road Cruise: June 10th-12th 2011 - DFW Charity Racing

We are pleased to announce the first CRL Texas "Mother Road" Cruise. The cruise will span over 3 days and 2 nights throughout the Texas Panhandle. There will be plenty of photo shoots, historical landmarks, mom and pop cafes, gift shops, and of course that 9 foot wide "Mother Road" we call Route 66.

June 10th-12th 2011 CRL Route 66 Cruising For A Reason- 1000 mile round trip from Dallas.

Friday June 10th:
12:30pm- meet off 35(details to come later)
12:45pm-Driver meeting
1:00pm-Caravan departs
7:00pm- Shamrock/motel check in
8:00pm-dinner- Mitchells family resturant
9:00pm- Car Wash (make sure to have quarters in hand)
9:45pm-Conoco Tower photo shoot

Saturday June 11th
9:00am- Depart for Magnolia gas station photo shoot
10:30am- Gas fillup/Depart for Mclean
11:30am-Arrive in Mclean -Devils Rope/Route 66 musem
-Phillips 66 photo shoot
-Avalon Theatre

1:30pm-Red River Steakhouse
2:30pm- Depart for Alanreed
3:15pm-Arrive in Alanreed
3:30pm-Route 66 themed rest stop
5:00pm-Arrive in Groom
-leaning water tower
-Largest Cross in western hemispere

6:00pm-arrive in Conway
-bug Ranch

7:30pm-Arrive in Amarillo/check in Big Texan Motel (off I-40)
The rest of evening will be leisure time
There are a few quarter car washes in downtown on route 66.

Sunday June 12th
9:00am-Depart for Vega
9:30am-Cadillac Ranch
10:30am-CRL Group photo shoot in Wildorado -at an Old Shoney's
11:30am-Arrive in Vega
-Magnolia gas station
-Vega Motel

12:15pm-Landergin photo shoot at an abandoned cafe
1:00pm-Arrive in Adrian
-Midpoint Cafe/gift shop

2:30pm-Gas fillup/Depart for Dallas

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THIS IS MERELY A SCHEDULE TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA HOW THE WEEKEND WILL GO

Other Suggested Items To Pack
Cooler with beverages
Snacks
Camera/Camcorder
Batteries
Extra SD cards
2 way radio
Tools
Spare tire
Jumper cables

What Not To Bring
Poor attitude- no one wants it around as we are going to have a good time
Drama- Leave it home and just enjoy yourself amongst other enthusiasts

Motel information

You are NOT required to stay at the ones listed. These are just the two I stayed during my trip in 2010. There are many motels/hotels to choose from all ranging from $50-$130. Keep in mind if you have AAA pricing is typically cheaper.

Shamrock Texas
Western Motel(22 units)
66(business 40)/83 intersection
104 East 12th
Shamrock Texas 79079
806-256-3244
Cost as of 2010 for 2: $63 and some change

Across from the Conoco Tower on 66. Motel offers wifi and the rooms come equipped with cable color tv, microwave, fridge, and A/C. We had a pleasent experience and the staff were very friendly. Being across from the Conoco tower was an added bonus especially at night time. I put this Motel as a top choice for the trip and on a scale of 1-10 it ranks as a 10.

Amarillo
Big Texan Motel
7701 I-40 East
Amarillo Tx 79118
806-372-5000
Cost: $80.50
Big Texan: Home of the FREE 72 oz. Steak

Located along the highway the motel offers cable, color tv, cow print bed spread, wood furniture, wood shutters, motel looks like an old west town, and pool in the shape of Texas. Located across the parking lot is the Big Texan Steak Ranch(home of the free 72oz steak). Staff was friendly and helpful at both the motel and resturant. This motel on a scale of 1-10 is respectfully ranked at a 8.

I will be contacting the owners/managers at both locations to see if we can get some kind of group discount.

Info has been updated. Anyone here interested?

Thumbs up CRL Texas Mother Road Cruise: June 10th-12th 2011
We are pleased to announce the first CRL Texas "Mother Road" Cruise. The cruise will span over 3 days and 2 nights throughout the Texas Panhandle. There will be plenty of photo shoots, historical landmarks, mom and pop cafes, gift shops, and of course that 9 foot wide "Mother Road" we call Route 66.

June 10th-12th 2011 CRL Route 66 Cruising For A Reason- 1000 mile round trip from Dallas.

Friday June 10th:
12:30pm- Meet at the Golden Triangle Mall, Denton Texas. We will meet in the parking lot of Sears Automotive. The parking lot will be facing San Jacinto Blvd. You can see Burlington coat factory across the street.
http://www.shopgoldentri...le.com/stores/maps.html
12:45pm-Driver meeting
1:00pm-Caravan departs
7:00pm- Shamrock/motel check in
8:00pm-dinner- Mitchells family resturant
9:00pm- Car Wash (make sure to have quarters in hand)
9:45pm-Conoco Tower photo shoot

Saturday June 11th
9:00am- Depart for Magnolia gas station photo shoot
10:30am- Gas fillup/Depart for Mclean
11:30am-Arrive in Mclean -Devils Rope/Route 66 musuem
-Phillips 66 photo shoot
-Avalon Theater

1:30pm-Red River Steakhouse
2:30pm- Depart for Alanreed
3:15pm-Arrive in Alanreed
3:30pm-Route 66 themed rest stop
5:00pm-Arrive in Groom
-leaning water tower
-Largest Cross in western hemispere

6:00pm-arrive in Conway
-bug Ranch

7:30pm-Arrive in Amarillo/check in Big Texan Motel (off I-40)
The rest of evening will be leisure time
There are a few quarter car washes in downtown on route 66.

Sunday June 12th
9:00am-Depart for Vega
9:30am-Cadillac Ranch
10:30am-CRL Group photo shoot in Wildorado -at an Old Shoney's
11:30am-Arrive in Vega
-Magnolia gas station
-Vega Motel

12:15pm-Landergin photo shoot at an abandoned cafe
1:00pm-Arrive in Adrian
-Midpoint Cafe/gift shop

2:30pm-Gas fillup/Depart for Dallas

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THIS IS MERELY A SCHEDULE TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA HOW THE WEEKEND WILL GO

Other Suggested Items To Pack
Cooler with beverages
Snacks
Camera/Camcorder
Batteries
Extra SD cards
2 way radio
Tools
Spare tire
Jumper cables

What Not To Bring
Poor attitude- no one wants it around as we are going to have a good time
Drama- Leave it home and just enjoy yourself amongst other enthusiasts

Motel information

You are NOT required to stay at the ones listed. These are just the two I stayed during my trip in 2010. There are many motels/hotels to choose from all ranging from $50-$130. Keep in mind if you have AAA pricing is typically cheaper.

Shamrock Texas
Western Motel(22 units)
66(business 40)/83 intersection
104 East 12th
Shamrock Texas 79079
806-256-3244
Cost as of 2010 for 2: $63 and some change

Across from the Conoco Tower on 66. Motel offers wifi and the rooms come equipped with cable color tv, microwave, fridge, and A/C. We had a pleasant experience and the staff were very friendly. Being across from the Conoco tower was an added bonus especially at night time. I put this Motel as a top choice for the trip and on a scale of 1-10 it ranks as a 10.

Amarillo
Big Texan Motel
7701 I-40 East
Amarillo Tx 79118
806-372-5000
Cost: $80.50
Big Texan: Home of the FREE 72 oz. Steak

Located along the highway the motel offers cable, color tv, cow print bed spread, wood furniture, wood shutters, motel looks like an old west town, and pool in the shape of Texas. Located across the parking lot is the Big Texan Steak Ranch(home of the free 72oz steak). Staff was friendly and helpful at both the motel and resturant. This motel on a scale of 1-10 is respectfully ranked at a 8.

I will be contacting the owners/managers at both locations to see if we can get some kind of group discount.

Hey,

I just saw your thread and it looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Too bad I'll be heading south that weekend. If you guys had setup a road trip to Galveston I'd be all in. I also just saw that you're in Garland, I'm right across the road in Rowlett. We should meet up sometime, I'd love to see that car of yours in person. Have fun on the trip!

-Grady

Hey,

I just saw your thread and it looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Too bad I'll be heading south that weekend. If you guys had setup a road trip to Galveston I'd be all in. I also just saw that you're in Garland, I'm right across the road in Rowlett. We should meet up sometime, I'd love to see that car of yours in person. Have fun on the trip!

-Grady

It should be a cool trip, but I'm going to miss it as well because of work.

I live in South Garland and am in Rowlett all of the time. :biggrin: My GN has been there for the last 2 years. But should be coming home in a few days.

Check out the local forum at Lonestar Performance Buick Club