Crazy asking prices!!

bgndobe

86 GN
The price guys are asking for parts for our cars is just astronomical. Have you seen ebay lately?? Buy it now prices real high, or better yet.....the seller just keeps "buying" his own parts back and re-listing them again....trying to get TOP dollar.
Is it just me?.....or are prices just going absolutely crazy??

Guess most guys are trying to "get rich" by buying junkers and parting them out.

That's why I am hanging onto every 109 block I can find. The best I have done is $20.54 for an 040 block on ebay. I know some people give them away, I just can't find those people.

Makes you wish you bought a few hood liners last year...

Parts prices have gone up even higher than car prices. Try looking at NOS parts for 40 year old cars, and look at what people are paying for these parts.

Buick NOS complete GN emblem set (7), no reproductions, listed on ebay until Sunday April 13th, so I bid $175 for 7 piece set of emblems, great deal, the seller ends it 9 pm tonight for $2.50 over my start bid, I read a complete set should sell for $320... wished I would have started $250 to force the buyer to spend more... I have lost 5 items on ebay for less than $7.50 total... I am glad on several items, but 2 of them, I was busy and couldn't watch it...

also, saw GN owner manual for $250 and GNX owner manual sold for $113, wtf

I will drive my gn with no emblems for $320 in emblems, looking for complete set, email GNregistry@aol.com

the asking prices are either really great or really high...

I have learned a lot in the past month shopping for parts

Don't believe everything seller say or write down... call GM parts near you first, check out Kirban's and other vendors for parts you seek...

Kirban has the locking column ($60)for less than I have found in other places...

NOS NEW Headlight Black Bezels $150 per side ($475 about at Kirbans)
NOS Black Grill $400 up to $569, $450 is the best deal...
The driver side red lens on rear of car is available for $110, passenger side red lens not available
Yellow lens in front on bumper $69.95 for a pair of 2 (kirban)
GN Rims (4) $850 plus $90 shipping
GNX Emblems pair (2) for $85 - $199, kirban has the gnx grill bracket for $70

I am waiting for GS Nationals, and better deals, summer is closer and more parts are becoming available...

The sad part is GN owners competing with GNX owner for parts, a lot of same parts, so price is shooting higher, just saw nada values for top GNX $111,000
vs top GN $28,000 ummm I have seen GN's sell for more, should send the information into NADA, so we get more money value... after all that is how they base their prices on, is actual sales from sold cars...

Prices are not goin to come down either .. Some parts have been discontinued for years .. So ya they are goin to cost $$$ .. Life in the big city :rolleyes: oh go buy a steering wheel from a 67 Shelby Mustang OR should I say try finding one first .. OR the old Vettes with the "teak" wood steering wheels.. $5k on up !! :eek: oh ya .. I am one of the rich Buick guys with a lot of parts !! let me tell my wife we are RICH now :p

Prices are not goin to come down either .. Some parts have been discontinued for years .. So ya they are goin to cost $$$ .. Life in the big city :rolleyes: oh go buy a steering wheel from a 67 Shelby Mustang OR should I say try finding one first .. OR the old Vettes with the "teak" wood steering wheels.. $5k on up !! :eek: oh ya .. I am one of the rich Buick guys with a lot of parts !! let me tell my wife we are RICH now :p

That is because GRUMPY has them all in his HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

I actually beat you to the guy in revere ma for his parts :)

That is because GRUMPY has them all in his HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

I actually beat you to the guy in revere ma for his parts :)

hahahaha... I have refused 2 parts cars lately !! I am NOT doing them anymore .. Prob have 10 of everything left over from these things in my attic and basement and a barn in NH :rolleyes: 12 motors I think .. sold a lot of trannys BUT bought a friend out a while back and ended up with 5 more .. Neighbors like it went they can see a "hulk" in your driveway for 6 months :eek: :biggrin:

Nothing new, with the collector car industry in full swing plus Barrett-Jackson keeping the prices up by exposing how much people are willing to spend, it only helps parts needed for a correct resto stay at an all time high IMO.

Don't believe everything seller say or write down... call GM parts near you first

I couldn't have said it better. Plenty of legit dealers and vendors selling stuff at good prices. eBay would be the last place to buy IMO. Sometimes reading the parts ads is entertaining. I just have to believe that when I see some stuff that the seller is looking for the guppy that paid 6 figures for a GNX. I've said it a few times. 20 years is a little too long to wait to get parts for your project.Back before the internet that was all the fun in restoring a car. Now it's instant gratifaction and the prices reflect that market. Believe me. The TR community is a lot better than some of the crap I go through with the Corvette crowd.