Cranks but won’t start?

Dsitzes

Hey Guys, just wondered if anyone has experienced the problem I’m having. I have an 86 t-type turbo. It cold starts great, runs perfect, I could drive it for hours without a hickup. Shut it off for 15-20 minutes, won’t start, cranks and cranks. Give it another 20 minutes cool down, starts right up. I have it at the mechanic, there struggling with it. I put a new crank sensor, not that, I suspected ignition module, they did too, they put one on, it didn’t fix it, so now they are thinking cam sensor. What makes it tough to diagnose is the limited window of the No start condition. It definitely is a no spark condition. You guys ever experience this? What worries me is if it’s a deteriorated wire somewhere? It’s a low mileage garaged car, so I wouldn’t think so but…?

How do you know it is a no spark condition? Did you pull a plug and it wasn't sparking when attached to plug wire with the plug grounded and the car was spun over? Has the coil been replaced with a known good unit? What brand coil module was the replacement?

If there is no spark it's not the cam sensor. Cam sensor syncs the fuel injectors. Check the link off the battery? They just had one that had a loose terminal on the pink and black wire at module. Car had a tr6 and we could see cam and crank, but it was a no start. Low mile car as well. Beatav8 was involved with it. Take it to a Turbo buick mechanic. Where do you live?

How do you know it is a no spark condition? Did you pull a plug and it wasn't sparking when attached to plug wire with the plug grounded and the car was spun over? Has the coil been replaced with a known good unit? What brand coil module was the replacement?
Hey there , ya I put a screw driver in the end of the plug wire, Grounded it on a bracket, cranked it over, no spark, then after it cooled off my cheap screw driver lit me up , lol. They put an ignition control module, but not a coil pack. Can the coil pack fail all at once?

Hey there , ya I put a screw driver in the end of the plug wire, Grounded it on a bracket, cranked it over, no spark, then after it cooled off my cheap screw driver lit me up , lol. They put an ignition control module, but not a coil pack. Can the coil pack fail all at once?
I live in indiana

If there is no spark it's not the cam sensor. Cam sensor syncs the fuel injectors. Check the link off the battery? They just had one that had a loose terminal on the pink and black wire at module. Car had a tr6 and we could see cam and crank, but it was a no start. Low mile car as well. Beatav8 was involved with it. Take it to a Turbo buick mechanic. Where do you live?
Ok that’s what I wasn’t sure about the cam sensor, I was under the impression that it doesn’t control spark. I am in Indiana, I think I need somebody familiar with these cars.

I think I need somebody familiar with these cars.
Ya, before you have the price of a replacement car in parts you don't need.
Kip is in Jeffersonville . He has a shop and knows these cars A2Z. He can fix it.