CP Pistons for Buicks?

Taffy

We are a distributor for CP Pistons. They have a lot of "on the shelf" pistons, but not the Buick pistons. They can make any piston that you might need.

We would like to get some feed back to see if anyone wants CP Pistons and what specs they would like to see. We have a few set of .020 over 9:1 pistons on order, but we might start stocking other sizes if you guys end up wanting them.

Please reply in this thread or email us at sales@bnecustoms.com

Thanks!

If everybody knew the pros of using a .020 9.1 pistons you would sell just them. The .020 over bore saves the block for another bore down the road. The 9.1 compression makes the motor more responsive and crisp on the street. It will also come up on the pipe faster at the track. :D

LOL "Come up on the pipe!" I take it you ride dirt bikes Louie?

Ha ! Yes Ive been known to fall off dirt bikes from time to time.:D

Personally I like the 9:1 in all turbo cars. 8.5 is also good, but we have had really good luck with 9:1 in the last few builds that we have done.

I figured .020 would be enough to get "most" blocks to the point where they could be honed, yet allow for another build.

How do these compare with J&Es? are they forged, hypertectic or what? what rings can you use with them?

49-blues said:
How do these compare with J&Es? are they forged, hypertectic or what? what rings can you use with them?

I prefer CP over JE.

The pistons are forged.

The CP Pistons come with rings, pins and locks.

Another piece of info that I found out at SEMA: 1 in 3 cars in NASCAR are running CP Pistons.

NCTURBOS said:
Current pricing???

K.

CP does not offer Retail Pricing as they only sell to Distributors (Me), and dealers.

Basically, the price can be whatever we want it to be. I sell the pistons for $725.00 to board members. Regular price is $775.00.

We have not had a lot of customers buy the CP Pistons for the Buicks, probably because the JE and other companies sell them for a little bit less, but the customers running the CP Pistons love the piston. We use CP in every engine that we build. Tolerances are always closer on each piston compared to JE, Wiseco, Diamond etc.

REDS HOT AIR said:
how about a pic when you get a chance ..I'd like to see their skirt design on a buick piston :cool:

Axe and you shall receeve!

Attachments

• Buick1.jpg
    Buick1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 206
  • Buick2.jpg
    Buick2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Buick3.jpg
    Buick3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Buick4.jpg
    Buick4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Buick5.jpg
    Buick5.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 183
Bump for some nice lookin slugs. I was kinda worried about running a little higher compression. But I am running 9.1:1 and love it. Off idle response is unreal, even with a moderately large cam.
A little more compression + ball bearing T70 +3800 stall = tons of fun on the street and lots of ruined tires.