Cover/plate for Innovative Boost Controller

Claude, I can't make the entire area around the holes white, because this creates a relief engraving situation with the lettering--meaning, I'd have to engrave out everything BUT the letters. Because the letters are so small, even with the smallest diameter cutter tool I could come up with, tool would obliterate the lettering...

for example, notice the square holes in the plate, how nice & sharp the corners are? Well, imagine trying to get those sharp corners with a 3/8" diameter router bit--- you wouldn't, you'd almost end up with circles instead of squares. Same principle applies...
Ok, I understand...Thanks Kevin for explaining!...So I'll order two of them like you posted from Mark!
Oh yeah, what about the little square around the "L" led being colored green or red?...Can that be done?

Claude. :wink:

Is it still possible to do all outlining in orange? Maybe even a photochop so I can see how it looks. Thank you Kevin!

These are so pretty they dont need different cover plates:D

am1000_3_large.jpg

Creative installation and you dont see the wires.
I have to ask though,Do you prefer hidden wires over
dead on accurate boost control?

here's a photochop version where I just xferred/pasted the orange from the outer lines--(the orange from the side is darker than the logo, so use your imagination)
;)
The green is just green I drew in for Claude...

chop1.jpg

Claude, you want your other borders white or orange?

Great!

here's a photochop version where I just xferred/pasted the orange from the outer lines--(the orange from the side is darker than the logo, so use your imagination)
;)
The green is just green I drew in for Claude...

chop1.jpg

Claude, you want your other borders white or orange?

Thanks Kevin for this update...Ok, I've made up my mind (finally!)... :biggrin:
This last version you just posted it what I want (including the green around the "L" led. Now, how do I order (two of them) from Mark and make sure he has all the details?...(Maybe I could take this picture and send him with my order?) Please, let me know and the money order is on it's way!
Again, thanks for your patience...:biggrin:

Claude. :wink:

P.S: I'm pretty sure that my friend Brian ("Fuelie600") will want one like that too...:D

All is good, order away on the site. Select the 2plex custom logo from the drop down menu when you order.

To clarify! Got this from Kevin so Brian yours will have to be in the 2plex material in either gloss or matte black. Let me know which you want.

---------------------------

The only thing I can/will paint on an anodized plate is a power 6 or a red "T". (that's all I EVER paint on anodized!) --- I apply the paint with a toothpick, and the 6 and T is big enough to do this way. Any other painting requires a "smear" technique, which I can't do on the anodized because you can't clean off the excess paint, the paint stains the brushed finish.

Here's can/can't do list:

Black anodized aluminum: Power 6 or "T" available painted, all else must be laser engraved. (off-white as usual)

2-plex: Outlines, logos and text can be any color, 4 colors maximum please (ie: red/yellow 6, white text/lines, green lines)

Sim aluminum: black only

To clarify! Got this from Kevin so Brian yours will have to be in the 2plex material in either gloss or matte black. Let me know which you want.

---------------------------

The only thing I can/will paint on an anodized plate is a power 6 or a red "T". (that's all I EVER paint on anodized!) --- I apply the paint with a toothpick, and the 6 and T is big enough to do this way. Any other painting requires a "smear" technique, which I can't do on the anodized because you can't clean off the excess paint, the paint stains the brushed finish.

Here's can/can't do list:

Black anodized aluminum: Power 6 or "T" available painted, all else must be laser engraved. (off-white as usual)

2-plex: Outlines, logos and text can be any color, 4 colors maximum please (ie: red/yellow 6, white text/lines, green lines)

Sim aluminum: black only

Matte please!

Here's some final pics--

Claude's---
cottons1.jpg

2-plex glossy version, & closeup
6bm2plex.jpg

glosscloseup.jpg

2-plex matte version, & closeup
cottonsorange.jpg

mattecloseup.jpg

Anodized version, & closeup
6bmanodized.jpg

anodizedcloseup.jpg

=======================

They turned out pretty good. And I'm NOT afraid to say they're pretty tedious to make!

Thanks everyone! :)