Cover/plate for Innovative Boost Controller

I'm going to have a lot of local catch-up work to do monday, so it might be tuesday afore I get samples ready...

Now on the site! Waiting for those orders to pour in! :D Available in four different materials, select what you want from the drop down menu. PLEASE READ the descriptions of what options are available.

Boost Controller OVERLAYS

Great product-- I have one of the Deeds style overlay (from Cotton's) and will be ordering one of your overlays to replace it.

Thanks for making these!

Just waiting for all those orders to pour in. :eek: Tweaked the page on these a bit. All the logos are listed on the drop down menu. Be sure you are selected the proper material AND logo. I have the standard painted logos shown on the page. Outline logos can be seen on our coil plate cover page. You must put what standard logo you want in the blank line in the ordering box. If ordering a custom logo you MUST tell us what you want in the blank line as well AND email us what the logo is. We are not looking to do any Sistine Chapel type of logos please, nothing too complicated please! We are only charging an extra $15 for custom logos so take it easy on us.:)

Yeah!...Isn't it strange that Jack hasn't replied anything...yet?...

Claude.

It's all good Claude, fact is, I need to call Kevin.. or email him for a few other things. I just never seem to make the time.... not to mention, haven't been pokin around the Boards much lately.... been crazy busy at the shop... :cool:

It's all good Claude, fact is, I need to call Kevin.. or email him for a few other things. I just never seem to make the time.... not to mention, haven't been pokin around the Boards much lately.... been crazy busy at the shop... :cool:

Jack, thanks for the update!...As you can see, I tried my best to explain to Mark what we'd like to have made ...with some pictures too !...:biggrin: I'm pretty confident that you'll like the end result! :)
Take care, and talk to you soon...

Claude :wink:

I'm sure the "Pumpkin" will need one!
Brian, my son Ben took this picture last fall at Epping, NH. and there doesn't seem to be any boost controller inside Jack's car...Maybe he's using another kind of boost control system?...:confused: ... Jack ?

Claude. :redface:

Here ya go Claude---damn, these things are a lot smaller than I thought! Didn't realize it till I cut the blank for this... anyway, I need to tweak the setup so the engraving isn't so "fat"...

boostoverlay1.jpg

BTW, on Steve's plate, the first two upper holes were outlined, but in the photo above, only the first hole is highlighted (which is why I only outlined the first hole on this plate)... what's the significance of highlighting these holes?

Here ya go Claude---damn, these things are a lot smaller than I thought! Didn't realize it till I cut the blank for this... anyway, I need to tweak the setup so the engraving isn't so "fat"...

boostoverlay1.jpg

BTW, on Steve's plate, the first two upper holes were outlined, but in the photo above, only the first hole is highlighted (which is why I only outlined the first hole on this plate)... what's the significance of highlighting these holes?

Basially, the first hole is STAGE boost, and the second is Max boost for all gears. If you use the individual boost stages for either gear or time activation, the remaining indicator positions would be used. Most guys use the STAGE and Max boost only or 1st and 2nd holes. I think the 1st hole outlined is fine.

That plate looks real sweet.

What's the chance that all outlines could be done in orange, and words/numbers remain white. Thanks, Brian

Looks GREAT!

boostoverlay1.jpg

W-O-W ! That's EXACTLY it!...:wink: :D Just two little details though...First, the little square outline around the "L" led ...could it made be green or red?...and second, I'd make the whole rectangle where the buttons are WHITE like in the picture I posted earlier OR leave them white like teey are now...With these two details corrected, it would be P-E-R-F-E-C-T ! :D:

I'll definitely take TWO of them! Is this just a "prototype", or is it ready to order now from Mark's site (TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups) ?

Thank you,

Claude. :wink:

They are on the site already, custom logos you just have to tell us what you want. We obviously already know which one YOU want. Kevin has a lot of time into this.

Brian, my son Ben took this picture last fall at Epping, NH. and there doesn't seem to be any boost controller inside Jack's car...Maybe he's using another kind of boost control system?...:confused: ... Jack ?

Claude. :redface:

It's in there Claude, lower right corner of the dash panel. You can just see the corner of it by the steering wheel.... it's the white and blue trim faceplate from Innovative... soon to be replaced with a black one..... :cool:

Claude, I can't make the entire area around the holes white, because this creates a relief engraving situation with the lettering--meaning, I'd have to engrave out everything BUT the letters. Because the letters are so small, even with the smallest diameter cutter tool I could come up with, tool would obliterate the lettering...

for example, notice the square holes in the plate, how nice & sharp the corners are? Well, imagine trying to get those sharp corners with a 3/8" diameter router bit--- you wouldn't, you'd almost end up with circles instead of squares. Same principle applies...