Correction for humidity?

BoostMasterK

2 boys now, need more GNs
I know the rule of thumb for turbo buick ET/HP temp correction is about 10HP=one tenth=10 degrees temp, but is there a rule of thumb for humidity?

Mike

ttt

There's gotta be some bracket racers or someone with a consistent car that has an idea how bad it affects...

TIA

Mike

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is humidity plays a role, but how much a role is based on temperature also. For instance, if it's 90 degrees and there's 70% humidity, that humidity will have a greater impact than if it's 70 degrees and 70% humidity.

Humidity displaces oxygen molecules with water vapor, so humidity alone hinders horsepower, but not to the effect that temperature alone does.

I believe the correction is a WAG (Wild Ass Guess)! :D

Terry_H said:
.............. Humidity displaces oxygen molecules with water vapor, so humidity alone hinders horsepower, but not to the effect that temperature alone does.........
I am not an expert either but play around with this. As Terry_H stated, higher humidity decreases relative HP (Makes sense). This link gives an idea "how much" and also a good idea on the effect of temperature.