Correct oxygen sensor?

mattcsn

I purchased a denso 234-1001 but just realized that only has 1 wire. The others recommended by gn users have 4 wires. Which one is correct mine only has 3 wires.
b7ce238904c510915826c38efb7b5f94.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right now it has a Bosch E97F-9F472-AA looking that up it's for a Ford? Was this something that was done in the past or should I convert it to something else?

mine is stock one wire plug , I run Bosch 12014 or the OEM delco
that must have been done in the past is it running bad

The car sputters and misses after it heats up so when closed loop. I changed the coil pack and ignition module with no change. Given the cost of an O2 sensor I figured I'd just replace it as the values are sometimes randomly off.

As grass doctor said, the one wire O2 sensor was stock.
A lot of guys, including myself, converted to the heated O2 sensor (3-wire) because they were more tolerant of the leaded race fuels in the '80's and '90's.

If you plan to run leaded race fuels it would be wise to keep it. If you plan on running 93/ alky or E85 you could change back to the non-heated one wire O2 sensor.

And I'm sorry, I don't know the part number for the 3-wire O2 sensor. I went back to the one wire.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and installed the 1 wire.

The newer heated O2 sensor kits are more plug and play and have a 3 pin connector (more factory like).
The kit I got included a sensor and instructions on how to wire it, one wire with a connector to hook up to the stock one wire plug. Hook one of the other wires to ground and one to sensor power.

I was happy to get rid of the wonky wiring.

I don't understand this 3 wire one as it was plugged into the sensor and then into the fan relays on the driver side.

I haven't messed with it and it's been that way for years without a hitch. I'll stick to the original for now.

You have an early-day (1988) Caspers heated sensor conversion kit on your car. The Bosch sensor used in that kit is a 3 wire heated sensor with the Ford spec. One pin is the signal, the other two pick up heater power from the fan delay relay on the drivers side inner fender. There is a single Weatherpack connector on the kit that also plugs into the harness in the kit - that is the original factory connector for the original one-wire sensor.

You have an early-day (1988) Caspers heated sensor conversion kit on your car. The Bosch sensor used in that kit is a 3 wire heated sensor with the Ford spec. One pin is the signal, the other two pick up heater power from the fan delay relay on the drivers side inner fender. There is a single Weatherpack connector on the kit that also plugs into the harness in the kit - that is the original factory connector for the original one-wire sensor.
Awesome thank you. Figured someone would know.