Cork Transmission Gasket?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Any vendors sell just the cork gasket for the transmission? :confused:

Looked at several and couldn't find one.... :oops:

Got one from Husek few months ago. Although the Duraprene gasket is supposed to be better.

Got one from Husek few months ago. Although the Duraprene gasket is supposed to be better.

It is the best and I have reused mine 3 times without it leaking when tuning the weights on the governor.

I will use nothing else ever again. It is the best gasket I've ever used PERIOD!

Gbody sells them, that's where I got mine.

Or I could post the pn# if you would like.

That would help thanks. :cool:

I couldn't find one on their website.....

Last edited:
Felpro # is TOS18662. Sorry for not posting it sooner.

Hope this helps. Try your local parts store or if you want it shipped they are on flea bay also for about ten bucks and up shipped.

Amazon had them also, I ordered the Felpros thanks!!!

I tightened all the bolts up and may have stopped the leak, I'm not sure what gasket comes with the stock filter kits my local mechanic used.... :confused:

Most local places could get them (Felpros) in 2-3 days, Amazon will have them at my door in the same 'Prime' shipping time.

I probably should have just left my 50K mile Walmart Dexron III in there. :p

Amazon had them also, I ordered the Felpros thanks!!!

I tightened all the bolts up and may have stopped the leak, I'm not sure what gasket comes with the stock filter kits my local mechanic used.... :confused:

Most local places could get them (Felpros) in 2-3 days, Amazon will have them at my door in the same 'Prime' shipping time.

I probably should have just left my 50K mile Walmart Dexron III in there. :p

If you have a cork gasket on there now and it leaked you should just put the duroprene on there.

You don't even have to clean the pan rail [trans] or pan of fluid, these gaskets are awesome. They will seal even if they are wet with fluid. Just wipe off the majority of oil with a clean rag, no brake clean or other solvents needed and install.

Once fluid leaks past a cork gasket it will always leak or at least weep.

G BODY.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
really

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If it makes you feel any better I bought it when I went there the first time and Brian was helpful and nice.

If it makes you feel even better, I bought an oil pan gasket but when I got home it was this trans gasket instead. :facepalm: