Cooling fan upgrade

Don Kuykendall

TurboTee
Hello, anyone know of an upgrade cooling fan for 87 T ? Looking for something that will fit in stock location and not real complicated to install. Looking for a little more air flow thru radiator. Thanks.

The ‘98-‘04 Dodge Intrepid dual fan set-up.

Fairly cheap will work with a stock or F-Body radiator. Caspers sells a plug & play harness for it as well. Just have to trim the 4 tabs of & it’s a good tight fit.

I have a dual Spal Fan set up. Keeps the car cool in 100+ degree weather, even with a big ol' front mount intercooler!

Which radiator do you have? I have a champion Radiator with the stock fan and it hovers at 165 99% of the time.

Does anyone know if there is one that I can use that mounts, and electrically hooks up like stock but pulls more air through the radiator? Thanks.

Not sure about one that mounts like stock unless you fab one up. Gave you options for the wiring. Not really sure what you're issue is. People using the Champion don't seem to have issues. Why do you need more airflow? High coolant temp? What thermostat do you have installed? You post like there's an issue.

Here's a dual fan set-up. Look for the SPAL option.

Thanks for the Info. I live in Oregon so I use a 180 degree t-stat for a warm heater in winter. In summer with a/c on and in traffic or not moving the temp gradually creeps up to 200-205 degrees. Stock fan does not pull enough air to keep temp down. I have looked at the fans people and Caspers recommend, 98-04 Intredid fans and the plug and play wiring for them. I just thought that there might be single fan that would be easy to install and not require any fancy wiring, and pull more air than the stock one. I don't think I need two fans. Thanks again. Don.

Yes. Both speeds working. When driving, no problem but when sitting and idling that is when it starts to go up, and the fan is running high speed. I have not tried to see how hot it would get if I just let it idle for a long time, maybe it would just get so warm and settle in. When idling and it starts to climb it effects the A/C efficiency, that is what I am trying to stop from happening. That is why I was wanting to know if anyone knew of a single fan that is more efficient than the stock fan that would not be a pain in the ass to install or connect up. Thanks. Don