Coolant thru head bolt hole?

buickruss

Im getting a few drops of coolant from the motor. somewhere above the starter. Doesnt seem to be freeze plugs, no steam and cant smell it. Best I can see so far is maybe seeping from the lower rear headbolt area. If that is the case is a headgasket the only fix? How about removing the bolt and sealing the theads.
I hope to get a close look on monday

I would use a couple of the Bars leak tablets. Also consider the possibility that others are doing the same thing under the valve covers.

The GM seal tabs will fix that if it's head bolt threads leaking. Be careful with the Bar's stuff. Don't get that nasty brown stuff with the globs in it. They sell seal tabs too. The one's you want look like Rolo canidies and they work VERY well.

drain the coolant...
remove each head bolt one at a time, apply teflon sealant, and torque it back down... do the same with the intake bolts- i don't know if any of the Buick V6 intake bolts go into the coolant passages, but i've seen a couple of small block Chevy heads that had one of the end intake bolts drilled a little bit too deep and they hit the water jacket.

Is it on the passenger side? My heater valve started leaking and I thought my head gaskets were causing it at first. Judges something to check

Found a few drips coming off the starter heat shield. Cleaned the area with brake cleaner and took it for a drive. Now no leak. Maybe I need to get into boost to push the water out...........I will add the coolant tabs and check again