107 KB · Views: 266
  • owl12.jpg
    owl12.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 268
Wow,
That is so cool!

It looks as though he will rip you a new one just with his looks.:eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah......So what's the story behind the rescue?

That would make a cool avatar

Attachments

• owlavatar.jpg
    owlavatar.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 250
Wow,
That is so cool!

It looks as though he will rip you a new one just with his looks.:eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah......So what's the story behind the rescue?

X2....more info ....Cool PIC"s

Thanks

I want one!

me too!

I saw one on a low hanging tree limb a few years ago and pulled over to get a picture... just as I was focusing that thing jumped off that limb and swooped down at me...I thought I was gonna die! laughed about that for a while once I was safely back in the car!

I had an owl almost fly into my car one night. Scared the bejeezus out of me when I saw him cut by my side window. The best close encounter I've had with a bird though was several years ago. At that time I lived in an area near a rock quarry with a bunch of ponds from the closed digs. The area was not too far from a river either so I guess all the water is why he was in this area. Anyway, I was coming down the road and there was a huge Bald Eagle standing on the shoulder of the other lane. I figured he would fly off but he didn't and I actually stopped right by him. It was cool looking out my window as he was looking back in at me. I watched him for about two minutes until another car came up and I had to move. At first I thought he may have been hurt but as soon as I got to where I could turn around and go back he was gone.

me too!

I saw one on a low hanging tree limb a few years ago and pulled over to get a picture... just as I was focusing that thing jumped off that limb and swooped down at me...I thought I was gonna die! laughed about that for a while once I was safely back in the car!

Next time that happens just put your hand up. It will hit the highest point. You wouldnt want that to be your head.

I saved one this year...

Turned out of my drive headed to work one morning and he was about a 1/2 mile up the road, sitting in the middle. Spun the car around and parked it. Tried shooing him off the road but he wouldn't move, just snapped his beak at me. Probably stunned. Finally, needed to get him moved so i grabbed him behind the neck, picked him up, and carried him off the road and into a wooded area. Set him on a log and he kept falling off! Finally got him settled and a cop stopped by to see what I was doing (my flashing lights were on). Got him to work on calling division of wildlife to have someone help him while I headed to work. Stopped at the police station on my way home to check what happened. They had a report that showed he flew off while the officer was making the call. Made my day...

There was a hawk sitting on a car 2 spots away from where I pulled in the other day. I thought when I got out of the car it would fly away. I acted like it didnt even see me ---