Converting AC

So I went to my local auto parts store and they told me not to use ester oil since everything has been converted. I did flush everything out with solvent and compressed air including the evaporator. Is there an adverse effect from using the ester oil? If not, I’m going to go get some of that since that seems to be the consensus here. And it works. Thanks!

well you can listen to the guy at your local part store is you want , ask him how many cars he has worked on and how many r-12 conversions he's done not just changing batteries and putting windshield wipers on for people LOL anyways the reason for the use of ester oil is because it will mix with the mineral oil used in r-12 , Pag oil will not , if there are any traces left of the original mineral oil and you use Pag it will gum up the system , ester oil will not

unless you are changing out every component of the ac system with brand new , I wouldn't take the risk
I was told by a very experienced tech that you can never get the system 100 % clean.

unless you are changing out every component of the ac system with brand new , I wouldn't take the risk
I was told by a very experienced tech that you can never get the system 100 % clean.

10-4 that’s why I left. First time doing an ac system.