conversion parts for hot air to IC.

UR50SLO

The Reaper
I am converting a customers car from a 84/5 over to 86/7.

The current parts that I pulled off the car are all designed for 84/5 headers/turbo but make it intercooled.

Modified lower intake/upper plenum. Intercooler and pipes.

I will get pictures up if anyone is interested in these type of parts.

I didn't want to list this in the For Sale section since most hot air car people

visit here frequently.

Thank you,
Scott Klepinger.

Updated with pics.

Here's the pic's..

I have:

84/5 Turbo.. stock.

modded 86/7 Intercooler with pipes.

84/5 Lower intake modified to fit modified 86/7 upper.

Hot air pass. side pipes/downpipe/crossover pipe.

Brackets to hold IC off block ...

And not pictured is a cold air pipe with K&N filter that go's up to turbo inlet.

All this fits with stock existing 84/5 headers if you don't need those.

Be glad to answer any questions.

Here's the pic's.

Thanks for looking,:)
Scott~

Hotair1.JPG

Hotair2.JPG

Hotair3.JPG

Hotair4.JPG

Hotair5.JPG

This would be a JS Manufactoring setup. Of all the intercooled kits, this was the best... Made out factory parts. Limited production also. The good thing about this kit is you can go from intercooled back to HA in less than 5 minutes by swapping pipes. Wish this had taken off better than it did. Even for the HA purist, using the modded intake flowed better and it moved the throttle body to the front. The pluses on this set up out numbered the negatives. Minus the turbo in the HA stock position, this setup was indentical the intercooled setup. The late BRUCE sold me on this when he removed his 87 intercooler and ran datalogged with and without alky. This was a 600hp car:eek: Not to take away from the accomplishments of Leeo or Turbo6x2, GM change the intake and turbo to maximize flow and the 86-87 was the last and greatest intake. Even using the 86-87 turbo is a marked improvement over the HA turbo and they are cheap upgrades.

This is actually Jeff's personal car... :)

We are Sy/Ty buddies. and since I'm into Buick's I'm going through this car for him.

Thanks!
Scott~

hey bro this is marty that bought the stuff, just wondering if you were going to email me the tracking number. and when can i expect the parts

ic conversion

hey scott thanks for the parts, just wanted to post a couple of pictures, of the turbo housing that i polished, and the upper plenum that i also polished, plus went with the black intake look.
Photo-0024.jpg
Photo-0013.jpg

Humm... Ok Brent :) What are you up too..... With that MASSIVE downpipe and exhaust, that intake would push you way in the 10's easily... even without the intercooler. The 87 intake sold me because I can plumb alky/NOS into a TB spacer.

BIGGER PIX!!!!!!! BIGGER PIX!!!!!!!!

How did you polish the compressor housing to look like that?????????

John:biggrin:

some bufffing stones, that i got from home depot, just sanded the turbo, with my 3 inch pads,that i use for cleaning gasket marterial on Aluminum heads, i got a machine shop, and i use some of the stuff in the shop, and then hand sanded the turbo housing with 320 emery cloth, and started polishing with the green stone for cleaning and taking oxidizing off the turbo housing, and then the brown stone, for polishing and making the turbo housing look awesome!!!! plus it was quick, took about 2 hours to get it like that, will take some bigger pics, and post them tomorrow!! and thanks for the compliments.

your not using that intercooler setup again are you? if so i would get rid of that intercooler hose where the outlet of the turbo is. that air is over 200 deg. and that hose wont hold up to it before it becomes weak, nasty, oily, etc. i would look at going to a v-band clamp there. however that is only if it where mine.

when yor finished with his i could use a hand, i hav a 87 regal limited i need the works down to transmission i dont want a hot air car i want a turbo intercooled version i had a fellow over in another forum collect all but a part or two and didnt relize it was all for a hot air application what all has to happen.