Contacting Bob Bailey - 2 step/rev limiter questions

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
I was wondering if anybody had a phone number or email address to contact him or someone else that can help me try to figure out what's going on. I bought his 2 Step/Rev limiter setup and wired it up this weekend. The problem is with the motor running I get no LEDs lighting up inside the box. Although once I flip the switch/trigger both "Run" and "Trig" lights go on. I know its interacting because if I turn the timing retard up I can hear the motor lug down when the switch is flipped so I know the power and grounds are good. So I set the rev limiter at about 2k and the 2 step at 1800 just to verify it works and when I rev it shoots right up past both settings. The only thing I thought of after the fact is maybe it needs to be in drive as opposed to park? Any ideas? Advice?

As annoying as this sounds I still really suggest this unit. When you first open the box all the wires make it look intimidating but after reading through the instructions on a turbo Buick you end up only using about half the wires and even at that a couple of them get paired up together.

What are your configuration set at ? What have you done with the orange and brown wire ?

Same issue with mine.

Unplug your power cable plug going into the box, flip it over, plug it back in. Evenot though it looks like it should be the other way this fixed my light issues so now run is on when running, not just when triggered. In all going back and forth with Bob trying to work my way through to figure out why it doesn't cut out at the set RPM

Unplug your power cable plug going into the box, flip it over, plug it back in. Evenot though it looks like it should be the other way this fixed my light issues so now run is on when running, not just when triggered. In all going back and forth with Bob trying to work my way through to figure out why it doesn't cut out at the set RPM

I've tried that and got the same results as you although my run light blinks sporaticly.

I've tried that and got the same results as you although my run light blinks sporaticly.

Then with the car running wiggle the wires that are tied into the computer and see if the light freaks out then. If nothing do the same thing to the power, ground, and switch connections. Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere.

Then with the car running wiggle the wires that are tied into the computer and see if the light freaks out then. If nothing do the same thing to the power, ground, and switch connections. Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere.

Got that all squared away, still can't get it to activate. Working with bob on it now.

So what was the issue ? You never answerd my questions about your activation wires ?

So what was the issue ? You never answerd my questions about your activation wires ?

Not sure if you were asking me or the OP.

My conf settings are 3-2-1 off off on

Nothing with the orange and brown wire as the instructions say to use the white and gray.

I was just trying to figure out what's going on for you guys . All I know is that the cam sensor has to be dead on or else it will cause all shorts of problems ,issues .