connecting rod

onetimer

Hi I'm new to this forum and own a 1986 buick grand national i have been working on for years was wondering if anyone knows wich direction the stock connecting rods go .The rods have dimples on one side, just want to make sure i install them correctly.thanks for any input.

I bet the answer is here... with a bunch of other useful information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Turn the rod sideways and look at the big end. You'll notice one side has had material removed so it's not symmetrical. That's two thinner sides face each other. The material has been removed because the flap of metal on the crank between journals push the rods apart.

..or you can use the ''tangs to the outside'' method

...or look at the big end weight. The corner bevel faces away from each other. If you find a pic of the engine with the pan off, that method will be obvious.

Turn the rod sideways and look at the big end. You'll notice one side has had material removed so it's not symmetrical. That's two thinner sides face each other. The material has been removed because the flap of metal on the crank between journals push the rods apart.

..or you can use the ''tangs to the outside'' method

...or look at the big end weight. The corner bevel faces away from each other. If you find a pic of the engine with the pan off, that method will be obvious.