Connecting hose from IC to TB too short?

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, when I bolted my intercooler back up & made sure everything was perfectly aligned, I reinstalled the up-pipe; I started at the intercooler & made sure everything was aligned correctly there first, then on to the throttle body. But when everything's perfect at the intercooler, the connecting hose is too short, (or the up-pipe's too short). Does anyone else have this problem? Do they make custom hoses? Or should I custom make a better up-pipe instead.

When I installed my chinese Gbody SLIC I had the same problem. Since I sold my stock intercooler on ebay I had to get a piece of 2.5 radiator hose for a semi truck just to hear the car run (and lean that my tank had rusted over).

The only solution for me was to buy a bead roller, bandsaw, belt sander and some tubing...
Photo1500.jpg
Photo1510.jpg

The long leg was a full 2.5 inches longer than stock. I added 1/2 to the short leg to compensate for my plenum spacer.

Major pain in the butt for a 'stock replacement' but it looks nice and simple now that I'm done.

Check out siliconeintakes.com , they have a huge selection of hoses , band clamps, couplers , in all different sizes and colors.

Gates makes good silicone lined fabric on the outside hose, I bought some from a truck parts place and it was green.

Vendors here may sell upgraded longer pieces since the stock stuff was barely long enough for the stock parts and always slipped off when the turbo started to leak oil.

Kirban has two sets, 7458, 7553 part numbers which look nice and are thicker and longer.

Do you know which hose I should use?
If you need something a little bit longer , you can get a 1' long section and cut to length in what ever diameter you need .
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/silicone-hose/
These hoses are nice and heavy and I use the on my car . In the first picture the silicone coupler is the one going to the turbo , not from up pipe to throttle body as my existing coupler was fine . I needed to replace the couplers on the turbo when I installed my new turbo . Sam
DSCN0476.JPG
DSCN0477.JPG

Why turn it into a project ???? Get a longer hose at NAPA . cut it an your done.

Because it looked like shit.

After my car was stolen, I was forced to make everything a project. If it's not right, I'll let it sit another 10 years.

Ahhh yes, I see. What radius is that up-pipe, do you know?

I can't remember what it measured out at.... Here's a comparison to my stock steel pipe.It's pretty close to the same radius just not pinched and necked down like the stocker. Plus I had one of the good stock uppipes instead of the chopping one that looks like exhaust pipe.
Photo1494.jpg

Because it looked like shit.

After my car was stolen, I was forced to make everything a project. If it's not right, I'll let it sit another 10 years.

ahhh the ol 10 year build.. We race an DRIVE our cars. Don't have to be "pretty" for the car shows :p

Mark at TR custom parts made me a longer top part of the uppipe tube to fit my setup. Just have to ask.

Mark made me a 3 inch uppipe, since I had a CAS V4 IC and a 70mm throttle body and plenum.

IMGP3165.JPG