Connect Power Logger to Autometer 2246 sending unit?

GNandTTA

I have Autometer #5763 100 psi fuel pressure gauges in both cars. They have the Autometer #2246 sending unit. Can I just tap into the sending unit wire going to the gauge and use it for the Power Logger? Any problems doing this?

Not sure what that sensor is.
I used the autometer for PL and it worked fine.

Just need to ensure the sensor output (purpe wire) is 0-5v.

I have Autometer #5763 100 psi fuel pressure gauges in both cars. They have the Autometer #2246 sending unit. Can I just tap into the sending unit wire going to the gauge and use it for the Power Logger? Any problems doing this?

That is how mine wired when I had Powerloger. I tapped into the TPS power wire (green I think) and only had to run one wire inside the cabin to the O/I connector for the Powerloger.

You shouldnt have to tap anything, iirc my autometer fuel pressure and wideband gauges had a 5v analog output wire for datalogging (the wideband definately does, pretty sure the fuel did too, i was logging both and dont recall having to tap it). You just connect that to your analog input board and configure it in the PL console to read correctly.

As long as the signal wire is 5v it can be used. You may need to adjust the ini file to get the numbers to read correctly.

You shouldnt have to tap anything, iirc my autometer fuel pressure and wideband gauges had a 5v analog output wire for datalogging (the wideband definately does, pretty sure the fuel did too, i was logging both and dont recall having to tap it). You just connect that to your analog input board and configure it in the PL console to read correctly.

haywire is correct you do not have to tap into any wires but if you did not want to run two or three wires, you can make it easier by only running one wire to the I/O board.

The fuel pressure sender has three wires

Yes I log fuel pressure from my autometer gauge . I just tapped into the 5volt signal output from the transducer and ran it to the pl block .

The #6 tap on the I/O block has the +5 volts you can use to power the sensor and bring it back to either #3 or #5. You can either ground the sensor to the body or run it to #4 as this sensor has three pins.

Connecting to #4 tap is not to be recomended for anything but a MAP sensor for some reason as Bob can tell you why.

The #6 tap on the I/O block has the +5 volts you can use to power the sensor and bring it back to either #3 or #5. You can either ground the sensor to the body or run it to #4 as this sensor has three pins.

Connecting to #4 tap is not to be recomended for anything but a MAP sensor for some reason as Bob can tell you why.

This is what I have done , connected from gauge transducer to powerlogger #5 but my fuel pressure reads about 15.5 psi higher on the powerlogger than the gauge . The gauge is is reading correct . Is there an off-set adjustment for the powerlogger inputs ??

Yes. It is under the setup section

Setting are different for everyone.

In the box you need to input a negative number if the reading is higher.

Mine was something like -3.999999

Yes you can , I have done this myself with the same transducer .
Tap into the signal wire from the transducer to the gauge and take it to screw terminal #5 ( I4 ) on powerlogger board
In the powerlogger program go to config. and download screen ( ctrl F3 )
Once in that screen go over to the analog input settings box
Go down to analog 4 and expand the drop down box
Select Pressure 100psi ..... Done ! There may be a slight difference in readings between the two then you would need to adj the offset to dial them in , I didn't need to .
I originally had issues due to the config settings ( which I had wrong ) , I made the config changes last night and it reads the same on gauge & powerlogger . Hope this helps , Sam