Congrats DDay

I would consider my car a street car . I put 500 miles on last year. Its just to dang loud with the ATR single shot on there. The cars that impress me are JDs pump gas and alky combo and Collins car which ran THS and TAI as well as JD. The thing about Collins car is he drove it to BG and ran 10.40 ran two classes and drove home with it. That is not easy to do. Then you have Jammies hot air car 10.50 on E85 WOW! My hat goes off to them.
DDay

Thanks for the kind words DDay. I'm just lucky that I'm close enough to BG that it's not TOTALLY retarded to drive there. Otherwise there aren't many times I would be able to take my car and race. Now if I could just catch you.

You are so right about Jamie's car...One flying hot air for sure, pretty cool.

wow 500 miles a yr. how many of those miles were acheived a 1/4 mile at a time. :biggrin:

i have put almost that many miles on my car in a month. The first week that i had the new engine in my car. the week of turbobuick nats i put 400 miles on it driving back and forth from richards place to my house then the track.

Congrats to those that did run 2 classes with any trouble.

Their are diffrent veiws of street cars.

wow 500 miles a yr. how many of those miles were acheived a 1/4 mile at a time. :biggrin:

i have put almost that many miles on my car in a month. The first week that i had the new engine in my car. the week of turbobuick nats i put 400 miles on it driving back and forth from richards place to my house then the track.

Not driving something a ton doesn't make it any less of a street car...My car sits for months on end...Then something will happen to one of our other vehicles and it'll be my daily for a short time, all depends.

I'm curious to hear your views on what a street car is. I didn't see a single car in the field that even came close to being considered anything else. Is it miles driven? No safety equip? Race gas?

well having a car thats 3-7 tenths faster don't hurt either!:eek:

so is anybody gonna create a real street car heads up class? not a race car class

Patrick put your big boy pants on already and turn up the boost, then you can go 3-7 tenths faster too... LOL

I think this is a street car class, I drive mine pretty much every Friday and Saturday all summer long and attend as well as help at numerous charity car shows through the season. I have a cage and still call it a really fast show car... LOL :D

HUH??? I always assumed it was a street car if you drove it on the street... At least that's how it works where I'm from. Not to mention I own a daily drive for a reason.

. Then you have Jammies hot air car 10.50 on E85 WOW! My hat goes off to them.
DDay
Thank you that is very appreciated, We knew we had to step up our game and Karl got r done.

The street car versus race car debate is an ageless debate. Everyone has their own opinion in which i quietly recongize and do not challenge as I could give a rat's butt about what others say. Many people look for ways of taking ones words in a post and changing the perception of the meaning. Or they look to discredit you in some fashion. Racing is a hobby in which I do for fun..... My car is stock stroke iron headed car with no cage, heat and a/c, current license plate and inspection sticker and has full coverage insurance. It runs on gas that comes straight out of the pumps (not necessarily at the track). It has the original 200R4 in it and the original rear end. I do not have the fenders rolled nor do i have the frame notched. I ran a 9.90 and honestly had some left. I dont have near the motor that alot of people do in their cars (as seen by Clay's big MPH and who I am predicting to own the low ET in the class in the near future ) , but I have all of my stuff working together. It is hard to swallow that there is no big secret just alot of hard work and testing, I know.

Most people who know me well (which are few b/c I stay to myself b/c of all the crap starters), know that I just like to race and stay away from the drama that individuals create. I have a street car that I trailered 8 hours to race. Locally, I put my son's booster seat in the car, drive my car to the track, race the car, and then my son and I drive home.

This post is not directed at anybody, but stating my own view of the facts.

Remember to tip your waitresses!:D

I would consider my car a street car . I put 500 miles on last year. Its just to dang loud with the ATR single shot on there. The cars that impress me are JDs pump gas and alky combo and Collins car which ran THS and TAI as well as JD. The thing about Collins car is he drove it to BG and ran 10.40 ran two classes and drove home with it. That is not easy to do. Then you have Jammies hot air car 10.50 on E85 WOW! My hat goes off to them.
DDay

Thanks David I really appreciate that!!!!, this class is Turbo Hot STREET!!!!

Hell of a feeling driving around in a 20 plus year old, 10. second STREET CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Had myself and 3 guy's drivng around B/G for 2 days before getting on the TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THAT WAS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

I would definitely call this a true street class. The definition of a "street" car is up to the individual interpreting the definition. The best example I can think of is the "Fastest Street Car" craze of the early 90's - now that's turned into a "let's hang a license plate on a Pro-Mod car and call it a street car". My 7sec car was built to fit that type of class when it was originally formed - it's street legal if I put the muffler on it - it has turn signals, brake lights, etc. but it's not really feasible to drive it on the street. The parachute usually gets you pulled over anyway.

On the other hand, my street GN runs LOW 10s and can dip into the 9s. I honestly had more fun at BG than I've had in years playing with it vs the all out race car. It's cool to have a car that you can drive to the track with the AC on, bust off a low 10 and drive it back home without even changing tires - this is what I would call a TRUE street car and what THS is all about. There ain't many cars out there that can pull that off - that's the coolest thing about the TRs. It's too bad a couple of small rule issues kept my car from running THS as it looks like a really fun STREET class. I saw a lot of cars in THS that not many people on the streets would have a clue what they were capable of running.

Anyways, congrats to David Day as he is the man to beat in this class and that's the purpose of this thread to begin with. I hoped to get a chance to meet you at BG but........maybe we can meet at the tree one day.:D

I drove mine over 800 miles this year in the Hot Rod Power Tour. I backed the timing down and got 19.2 MPG overall with 93 pump gas with the AC running.

Mike

Will, Thank you would have liked to meet you also. You own one heck of Buick history with the Tweaked car. I been around long enough see that car when it wasnt a back half car. Maybe we will meet in THS someday. :cool:
DDay