Concert Sound Setup

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
Hey everyone i am trying to find out if i can replace the door speakers with 4 ohm speakers and leave the factory dash speakers and not run too low of a load on an aftermarket radio with the factroy parallel wiring? The door speakers i installed are alpine 5.25 but i left the factory speakers in the dash because belive it or not they sound really good up there. I have not replaced the head unit yet but i want to make sure running the 4 ohms in the door with the factory dash will not lower the impedance too low win parallel OR should i re-wire in series to bring up the impedance??? I am not 100% what the 3.5 speakers are as far as ohms...

Thanks in advance!

unfortunately the ohm setup is just for wiring bro. Take for instance the DVC rockford T1 2ohm is actual a 3.1 ohm subwoofer.

you can run it the way you would like but it has to be even on each channel to achieve what your looking for i did the same with some 6.5 infinity co-axil speakers. they will lower in volume a little bit when you replace it still having a stock headunit but overall once you upgrade it should run fairly smoother.

so basically if you had 6 speakers
2 are 4 ohms
2 are 2 ohms
and
2 are 6 ohms
as long as your wattage averages are about the same itll be fine
also remember if your doing this with an amp you should be absolutely sure the amp OR HEAD UNIT is stable to your wiring methods some amp can handle 1,2,3,4,6,8 ohms. Some can only do 2 & 4 ohms stable and 1ohm will send it into shock or protect moe whichever comes first...

but anyway youd take these depending on the # of channels your using and make and even disturbtion when you wire it in series. If you come to find out they are the same ohms then go paraelle to focus more on your wattage and less on keeping your headunit or amp from clippin or overheating

also when you do any upgrades don't have the car on I've experienced first hand RCA wire screw ups from that

Hey thanks for the reply. Maybe i am making this more difficult than it really is but this is what i am trying to figure out. The factory wiring has the front (channels) wired in parallel. so 2 speakers for the right wired in parallel with each speaker at 4 ohms will drop it to a 2 ohm load, right? Thus possibly blowing out the on board amp or external amp (If one is hooked up and not stable below 4 ohms). Either way, what i did was re wire the front in a series thus bringing up the load. I still am not sure what the front speakers are rated at but if they are rated at 10 ohms and my coaxials are rated at 4 ohms then it would bring it up to 14 ohms (10+4=14) and therefore not burning up ay amps...

Also, in case anyone needs the wiring diagram for the CSII system, here it is from gnttype board:

6_speaker_stereo.jpg

Have you physically looked at the factory dash speakers and know that havent been replaced?

I pulled the dash panel off and they looked factory. In my last post i said i was going to remove them and look at the magnets. Either way they are now in series and they sound good.

well for the most part youll be running between 3.5-4ohms depending on how your headunit takes the load, remember to always put the speaker with the higher wattage and lower ohms first, or as close as possible anyway then your higher ohms...

but remember you can also break the wire and put a small power dist on it and run series parelles which i know would run that type at 3.75 ohms think of it being very similar to hooking up a component speaker system

well for the most part youll be running between 3.5-4ohms depending on how your headunit takes the load, remember to always put the speaker with the higher wattage and lower ohms first, or as close as possible anyway then your higher ohms...

but remember you can also break the wire and put a small power dist on it and run series parelles which i know would run that type at 3.75 ohms think of it being very similar to hooking up a component speaker system

Makes sense!!!

Thanks a lot!