Concert sound ? Best news in a long time. Finally a good front speaker solution

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
I just finished and tested a good concert sound front speaker set. Sounds very nice, loud with factory radio power, fits like it should.set includes;
Phoenix Gold 5 1/4 componet set.
Soft dome tweets for the dash.
Tweeter to 3.5" custom adaptors
Prewired for plug and play.
5 1/4 midbass/mid-range for doors
Shallow so fits door depth issues I've seen in the past with a quality speaker. Comes with speaker plug harness adaptors
Final ohm load is 4ohms per side..no more overload .. $169 shipped in cont US!
PayPal $$ with your address included...don't PayPal as a gift...I own a stereo shop (Carrtunz) for your piece of mind. thatturbguy@yahoo.com

No o in turbo is correct btw.

Carrtunz # for any questions or help...912.225.0591 9-5 m-f est

Last edited:
Definitely subscribed...will hopefully have enough $$$$ left this spring after all my other little projects to get into the sound system.

Here's Brad's set made up, and going out today...thanks!
IMG_20180123_133737280.jpg

So what would a set of rear speakers that compliment the doors and fronts set me back as a package for all? I have a Kirbans sourced CD player. Thanks!

So what would a set of rear speakers that compliment the doors and fronts set me back as a package for all? I have a Kirbans sourced CD player. Thanks!
The rear 6x9 with adaptors, wiring plugs, mounted and soldered, shipped $169

The rear 6x9 with adaptors, wiring plugs, mounted and soldered, shipped $169

So is that an additional $169 on top of the $169
for the front set up or is that $169 all in for dash/doors/rears shipped? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...I assumed that was the case, but you know what happens when assumptions are made. Thanks!

Gary- I have a question. Should I remove the door speakers I have-Pioneer TS-G134R and put yours in? Brad

Gary- I have a question. Should I remove the door speakers I have-Pioneer TS-G134R and put yours in? Brad

The pioneers have tweeters built in also...if you like the highs, I'd leave them...you'll have a spare set of 5.25's ....
The components are a matched set...designed to compliment each other...that's the pros and cons I guess...you've already received them?

The pioneers have tweeters built in also...if you like the highs, I'd leave them...you'll have a spare set of 5.25's ....
The components are a matched set...designed to compliment each other...that's the pros and cons I guess...you've already received them?

I have received them. My question on replacing the doors is simple. The sound should be better if I replace the doors. My problem is reattaching the female connector to the door wires The female connectors I have are from the rear. They are dark blue with a yellow stipe which matches to your white and lightblue with a yellow stripe which matches to your black. The other connector is yellow with a brown stripe which matches to your black and a brown with a yellow stripe which matches to your white. Now when I open up each door again to resolder the connectors, which connector is right side vs left and what wires should the existing door wire match up to? Do you understand my question? Thanks- Brad

Ok...here's how to wire;

Driver's;
Brown to tan
Yellow to grey

Passenger
Dk blue to lt green
Let blue to dk green