Completely Dead, Help!!!!

1BADT

TurboHolic
Here goes, I put my 86 T-Type away for the winter. Got a nice day and thought I would start it up and let her run for awhile.

The battery was dead. I charged it up, go turn the key and nothin...

The headlights, dash, etc all light up but the car won't turn over. Not a click from the starter or anything.

Checked all the fuses and they appear to be fine.

Is their anything else I can check?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jason

If you haven't done anything to the car since it was last started I would suspect the battery...even though you charged it it may not have enough power to crank...seen it many times out here in AZ...take the battery somewhere and have it tested under load...

Think it may be the starter? Do the ole tap test. Sometimes it'll make the starter work for a while. If the tap test does work then it's time for a new starter. I think they're around $30 at Advance Auto and not hard to install....just remember where the wires go and hook ALL of them back up. :D

First check to see if the dash lights and other accessories have pwr. If not they are feed from the other wires on the large stud on the starter. Broken wire? If you have pwr there get a volt meter 12v swithched withthe key in the start position, if you have this check the voltage on the large stud while trying to crank the engine if you have a large drop 12v to 9 while cranking you could have a bad cable if the batt is good.

i know a guy who had rats chew up his wire and built a nest in the engine bay....i doubt this is the case:)

Also try starting it in neutral, sometimes the neutral safety switch can stick, and if your car has the factory alarm on it, it may have something to do with it. (my starter interupt relay just crapped out after I set the alarm off to see if it still worked. It does.) Jim