Complete Suspension Upgrade Project

You do unbelievably CLEAN work. How did those seats fit? Did you have to fab some brackets?

Thanks...Seats fit nice between the down bars and center console. They recline back against the seat supports on the roll bar well.

I purchased the seat brackets from Corbeau also, they mount using the factory floor bolts. They fit great, I had to open the holes up a little on the brackets to mount to the factory bolts. The brackets have sliders and are double locking...

OMG that's just SIK!

Back from paint work on the rear quarters and having the car rubbed out...

Also changed the bead-lock rings to polished ones. Next stop interior and upholstery for a little tune up...

Getting closer to being finished...John

08-08-10003.jpg

08-08-10004.jpg

08-08-10005.jpg

Man -those look strikingly similar to some I've seen before......;)

Those seats look nice John - compliment the rest of the car well.

See you guys Wednesday..................

Jevans, your car is screaming for a twin turbo Big Block Buick!!! The car looks like its running 8's standing still!!! Just an awesome car, I'm glad I was able to see it in person at the BPG's a few years ago and cant wait to see it in person after it's transformation. Truely an iconic Turbo Buick!

Please send me a PM telling me how much you had to pay for the seats. They look GREAT!
Hot Air

Man -those look strikingly similar to some I've seen before......;)

Those seats look nice John - compliment the rest of the car well.

See you guys Wednesday..................

I believe I saw a similar set of seats in a Buick GS Wed. afternoon at ARK. Did you happen to notice them ?

Looks like someone my have copied my seats Will...;)

Jevans, your car is screaming for a twin turbo Big Block Buick!!! The car looks like its running 8's standing still!!! Just an awesome car, I'm glad I was able to see it in person at the BPG's a few years ago and cant wait to see it in person after it's transformation. Truely an iconic Turbo Buick!

Can't wait to put some serious power under the hood of the car Jeremy...

We'll have to see what I can get into this winter, this could get interesting...:rolleyes:

John you have done an amazing transformation and should be very proud of the end result!!! IF I ever get the money I would love to have your input/insight on mine. The stance is perfect. You will never get another street race though, who would want to mess with a car that looks like that. :eek:

If you decide to replace your door panels I would be interested in your stockers.

Bryan

John you have done an amazing transformation and should be very proud of the end result!!! IF I ever get the money I would love to have your input/insight on mine. The stance is perfect. You will never get another street race though, who would want to mess with a car that looks like that. :eek:

If you decide to replace your door panels I would be interested in your stockers.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I appreciate the compliments...

I've built quite a few cars over the years (mostly Mustangs), this build has been a blast so far. I have a few areas of the car I plan to make some changes and upgrades to before I'm finished. I can't wait to start on the powerplant, hopefully this winter...

I've had the GN out to a few local grudge race nights since I made the latest changes. I've had some strange looks when I've told a few guys that the car runs 11.80's, they probably figured I was trying to reel them in. I'd like to get the car to run in the tens and still drive it on the street...

I'll be changing the door panels when I have interior redone. I'll see if they decide to replace everything or just recover over what I have...

John

I've had the GN out to a few local grudge race nights since I made the latest changes. I've had some strange looks when I've told a few guys that the car runs 11.80's, they probably figured I was trying to reel them in. I'd like to get the car to run in the tens and still drive it on the street...

John

Isn't JEVANS funny? 10's - heck John, that thing has at least EIGHTS written all over it!

I can't wait to get started on the engine program - I know how carried away you get with things!:eek::biggrin:

Back from Interior...New carpet, headliner, sun visors, door panels, rear seat and sun deck...Alot of little things to button before the trip to Bowling Green next week...

Danny at Atech was able to provide a donor rear seat to install in the GN. They were able to modifly the rear seat to hide the full tubs. I had the rear seat upholstered to match the new front seats...

10-16-10002.jpg

10-16-10014.jpg

10-16-10016.jpg

10-16-10001.jpg

10-16-10015.jpg

It's been a little over a year since I posted anything in this build thread. Thought I would post some updates to the car over the past year.

I started the year out with the idea of deleting the air conditioning and upgrading to an FAST XFI System. As most of you know, once you start a project, it usually snowballs into something totally different. I'm guilty of getting carried away with my projects, this past winter was right in line with what I typically do.

Here's a few pics of the upgrades I ended up doing once I started in with my AC Delete. I purchased most everything from vendors and supporters of this site. Everyone was great to deal with and offered advice with the purchases. Oh yeah, if you ever want to get real deep into your upgrades, just start talking with Bent6(Will), he can definitely help you with what you need...:eek:

09-24-11024.jpg

09-24-11008.jpg

New street Wheels and Tires...

11-01-11001.jpg

11-14-11004.jpg

11-14-11002.jpg

I plan to make a few other upgrades this winter, I'll keep you posted...John