Complete Suspension Upgrade Project

All GOOD LOOKING PARTS. I ran the QA1 shocks on all fours. (Mike Lichts Advice) All new springs, boxed rear control arms, poly/graphite bushings, ATR rear SB and no front SB. Results: Awesome, cornered like on rails. Many people that rode in my car couldn't believe how nice it held the road. Nice shop too! LOL Gene PS. Expensive shocks (i paid $179 ea) My goal a street-strip, road course car and it worked.

More Parts Delivered...

Strange 3rd Member...

04-25-08001.jpg

04-25-08002.jpg

Wilwood Front Brakes...

04-25-08004.jpg

Belltech Drop Spindles...

04-25-08005.jpg

Spindle Modifications...Cut off OEM Mounting Ears for Calipers...
Drilled and Tapped Holes for Wilwood Caliper Brackets...
Spindles will be Powdercoated before Install...

04-25-08006.jpg

04-25-08007_edited.jpg

04-25-08008.jpg

Installed rearend, brakes and set pinion angle. Mocked up all suspension parts to check everything before parts are powdercoated. Welded on Anti-Roll Bar brackets and brake fitting tabs on rearend. Upgraded all Wilwood fastners to Stainless Steel and all factory bolts to 1/2" Grade #8...

04-27-08004.jpg

04-27-08003.jpg

04-27-08002.jpg

04-27-08001.jpg

04-28-08001.jpg

04-28-08002.jpg

04-28-08003.jpg

Thanks I appreciate the compliments...The engine on the stand is out of my Mustang, It's a 400 C.I SBF with a Geardriven F-2 Blower. I've removed all the drivetrain while the car is at paint, hopefully I'll have it back together soon.

F2R?? looks a little big in the pics to be a real F2;)

Very nice projects.

Hi Jevans,

Would you happen to know the weight of that rear with all components (differential and brakes, in particular,) installed?

Thanks,
MAP

Rearend Weight...

Hi Jevans,

Would you happen to know the weight of that rear with all components (differential and brakes, in particular,) installed?

Thanks,
MAP

I don't know the weight, but as soon as I get it back from powdercoating I'll weigh everything put together and post the result...John

Thanks...Good Eye Dusty...;)

HAHA. I tune a car with an F2 side slinger on a 331 and I have to race against F2's. They look nothing like that;)

Did you see where the gear driven F2 set the record on a 275 radial? 7.66 at 182, very impressive.

Geardriven F-2

HAHA. I tune a car with an F2 side slinger on a 331 and I have to race against F2's. They look nothing like that;)

Did you see where the gear driven F2 set the record on a 275 radial? 7.66 at 182, very impressive.

Hey Dusty, I've been following the post on Yellowbullet over the last couple days. Man, his car looks like a "Street Car ". Can't wait to get mine finished, I've been working on it for about 2 1/2 years, that what I get for getting my hands into too many projects at one time...John

Future Plans...

Big plans for the motor in the Regal? That's a serious rear set-up you've put together. Looks really nice.

I thought I would upgrade the suspension first and drive the car a little to see how I like it. This is my first turbo car, I'm going to try to contain myself for a while and make up my mind about what I want to do with the car. I have spoke with Lee Howie about some of the existing performance parts the car currently has and some future upgrades. I typically get crazy once I start playing with a new car, but I really need to concentrate on my Geardriven notch and finish it...

Updated Pics...

Parts back from powdercoating, Everything assembled and back on the ground. Still have to roll lip on rear wheelwells, to allow for sidewall clearance. The front measures in at 24-5/8" and the rear at 26-1/4". I took measurements for the Braided brake lines to hook up to the Wilwood calipers, I'll also be installing a Hurst Line-Loc while the brake system is open. Still waiting on the Aluminum Driveshaft and Transmission Pan, Hopefully I'll have parts in the next couple days...

05-02-08.jpg

05-04-08010.jpg

05-04-08008.jpg

05-04-08009.jpg

Now that is just a gearhead's dream, let us know your lessons learned from your awesome build.
Mike
86 GN

Updated Pics...

Transmission Pan and Aluminum Driveshaft came in, I started final assembly. With the car lowered, I have limited rear shock travel with the stock mounting locations. I'm going to work on fabricating some brackets to relocate the lower shock mounting points. I'll also rework the exhaust over the rearend to allow for some additional clearance...

Aluminum Driveshaft...

05-19-08002.jpg

05-19-08003.jpg

Hughes Aluminum Transmission Pan...

05-19-08004.jpg

Pan Installed with Sending Unit for Trans. Temp...

05-19-08009.jpg

Rearend Installed...

05-19-08011.jpg

05-19-08005.jpg

05-19-08010.jpg

05-19-08008.jpg

How's this going, looks great!!

Curious if you got any weights from the Moser rear etc.

Didn't look like you notched it but any 60ft times etc?