Complete Suspension Upgrade Project

Alright I'll just come out and say it, I'm jealous! :D It looks great. I hope you make it to BG with it. I look forward to seeing it in person! :cool:

Project Update...

Thought I would post a few pics of the progress on the backhalf project. I'm jumping past some pics of the chassis work, but I wanted to post a few pics of the car leaving ARK Hot Rods and going back to my shop...

I'll post some pics of the final chassis work and the sheet metal work as I take everything apart to powdercoat and paint. This is pretty much the ride height that I'll have once it's complete. The frontend still needs aligned and the car will be scaled later, I'll do that after everything is reassembled with the correct weight...

04-06-10004.jpg

04-06-10001.jpg

04-06-10003.jpg

04-06-10007.jpg

04-06-10006.jpg

I told ya'll it was going to be over the top and he didn't disappoint - Jevans doesn't play games. Wait till you see the rest of it - it's absolutely SICK!

I may have to eat my words about mine John - I smell some acetylene and argon now..........:eek:

Project Update...

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted any progress pics in a while, I've been really busy with work and have been working through finishing up the GN Project...

Things have been moving along slower than I'd like. I haven't hit any major snags, but as usual, I've taken things a little further than I had planned...

I'm down to the last couple items. I have some paint work to do on the wheelwell openings and the interior work that is getting redone...

I'll try to go back and post some pics of some of the work I did once I got the car back from ARK Hot Rods...

I decided to eliminate the stock wheelwell moldings on the front and rear. We cut the rear lip off completely and we welded some 3/8" brake line to the rear openings and moulded the inside and outside...

06-01-10002.jpg

We cut a section of the front inner wheelwell out and fab'd a pocket to allow some additional room for the front tires...

06-01-10007.jpg

I had all the rear suspension parts powdercoated Antique Hammertone...

06-09-10003.jpg

06-09-10002.jpg

We added travel limiters on the frontend...

06-09-10015.jpg

New Afco Double Adjustable Front Shocks...

03-04-10011.jpg

03-04-10009.jpg

I seam sealed the undercarriage and splatter painted it front to rear...

06-09-10014.jpg

06-09-10012.jpg

06-09-10005.jpg

I'll post some more pics soon...John

John,

Glad to see you updating this thread... I saw your post on the turbo forums the other day, about collecting parts for the mustang good luck with that also :D Love seeing the Afco shocks cant think of many buick guys running them... so expensive :(

Updated Pics...

Here's a few additonal pics...

Rear Suspension...Afco Big Gun Shocks

07-20-10004.jpg

07-14-10007.jpg

Exhaust...4" Borla XR-1

04-08-10.jpg

A few pics of the car at ride height. Still have some body work to do at rear wheelwell openings before paint...

07-20-10001.jpg

07-21-10001.jpg

07-21-10002.jpg

Looks killer John. I can't wait to get my new project up to ARK Hot Rods. Alec has some sick fab skills - can't wait to see what kind of craziness we come up with for the GS. You are a bad influence my friend!

You guys have no idea how many hours John has spent underneath this car - his attention to detail is second to none - and he's not even done! Congrats for going outside of the cookie cutter box - your GN will definitely stand out from the rest. Now we just have to get to work on the engine program this winter - if the chassis is any indication of how carried away you'll get with the engine................:eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

GN Update...

Back from paint work on the rear quarters and having the car rubbed out...

Also changed the bead-lock rings to polished ones. Next stop interior and upholstery for a little tune up...

Getting closer to being finished...John

08-08-10003.jpg

08-08-10004.jpg

08-08-10005.jpg

Absolutely KILLER!

Guys - I dropped my new project off this past weekend at ARK Hot Rods - the same shop that did the work on this car and got to hang out with Jevans. I have no doubt my new car is in good hands. I personally saw this car, rode in it, rolled around under it and his simply awesome Mustang - the pictures don't do them justice! You have no idea how anal this guy is about attention to detail. I'm definitely glad he's involved on my new build!

BTW John - that thing ain't nowhere near "FINISHED". Do you ever really finish a car? I can't wait to dive into the engine upgrades this winter - I can see Stage 2 parts now.........:eek::D

Looks awesome!!! You wanna do mine next!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks Jeremy, I'd be more than happy to do your car...

You may want to rethink that though, I have a tendency to get a little carried away...:rolleyes:

Absolutely KILLER!

Guys - I dropped my new project off this past weekend at ARK Hot Rods - the same shop that did the work on this car and got to hang out with Jevans. I have no doubt my new car is in good hands. I personally saw this car, rode in it, rolled around under it and his simply awesome Mustang - the pictures don't do them justice! You have no idea how anal this guy is about attention to detail. I'm definitely glad he's involved on my new build!

BTW John - that thing ain't nowhere near "FINISHED". Do you ever really finish a car? I can't wait to dive into the engine upgrades this winter - I can see Stage 2 parts now.........:eek::D

Your car is definitely in good hands Will...In fact, I stopped in and checked on it earlier today...

I was thinking, your probably 400 miles or so away, there's alot I can do to your new project before you get up here to see what's going on...:rolleyes:

Can't wait to all the goodies start showing up at ARK Hot Rods, this is gonna get real interesting...:wink:

WOW!!!:eek:;)

Back from paint work on the rear quarters and having the car rubbed out...

Also changed the bead-lock rings to polished ones. Next stop interior and upholstery for a little tune up...

Getting closer to being finished...John

08-08-10003.jpg

08-08-10004.jpg

08-08-10005.jpg

Updated Pics...

I got the new seats installed,Corbeau CR1's in black leather. It's ready to go to the interior shop to have the rest of the interior redone. I'll post some new pics soon...

09-26-10003.jpg

09-26-10002.jpg

09-26-10005.jpg

09-26-10006.jpg