Complete Stage II Off-Center 3.8 Engine For Sale

turbotony1

I am selling my complete Off-Center Stage II 3.8 engine from intake plenum to oil pan, including fuel system and stainless headers.

This engine has been low 9's at 145 mph in a 3,600lb car with an old 76mm Turbonetics Turbo. The HP was estimated to be at about 850-900 HP. It was built by Sod at Hye Tech Performance in California for his brother’s GN. They raced it a few years and then set it aside it to build an On-Center 4.1 with twin turbos. Before I bought the engine, Sod freshened it up. New bearings, seals, gaskets, timing chain, rings, new water pump etc...

The build is as follows...
3.8 stage 2 off-center block .30 over
Billet #’s matching main caps with new ARP bolts and studs
Clevite H Series main bearings
Buick Motorsports crank finished by Callies, 3.590 stroke, never cut. Fresh polish and I have a receipt.
Custom JE pistons
Hellfire rings
Custom I-beam Cunningham Rods 6.200
Comp Cam lifters
Comp Cam solid roller 643 int. 660 ex.
High volume oil pump
Ported stock intake manifold, runners raised to match the porting on the heads
M&A Heads ported and polished, 2.08 intake, 1.60 exhaust. Heads are in GREAT shape. The castings are very solid. Not pitted and porous like some of the M&A's that I’ve seen. Never cracked or repaired.
Jesel style T&D 1.65 shaft mounted rockers
Buick Motorsports Valve Covers
Accufab 70mm Throttle Body
Kenne Bell Intake Plenum
83lbs. Siemens Injectors
Kenne Bell fuel pressure regulator
Tial Wastegate
Custom built Stainless Steel headers and crossover pipe

When it arrived at my house, I disassembled most of the engine. I wanted to make sure that everything was as advertised, and everything was. The only thing that bothered me was that the block had been repaired (welded). Needless to say, I was PISSED OFF and I overreacted a little. The repair was along the outside of the passenger side water passage. I later found out (from talking to a few of you over the phone who had first hand experience with this), that this was a common area for cracks on the 3.8 Stage II blocks and if it was repaired properly, that these blocks could still handle lots of power. Much later, I finally spoke with Sod about the repair. He said it was done before he built this engine, and it was repaired properly. He ran the engine without any problems. I was able to track down an acquaintance of his from California and verify this information.

I took the crank to be magna-fluxed and the block for a pressure test and to be thoroughly inspected. Both the crank and the block checked out fine. The crank didn't even need a polish, but they did it anyway. They also reassured me that the repair on the block looked like it was done right.

I understand that I'm going to lose money on this because of what I paid for it but I'm looking to buy a house very soon and I need the money. I don't want to sell my 87 T, so I'm selling the Stage II engine instead and I'll have to cruise around town with the stock motor for a few more years.

I'm asking $7,200. Shipping will be extra. That's a lot less than I paid for it 8 months ago!! I've also spent a few hundred dollars having everything checked out.

My name is Anthony Dallianis
You can contact me at any time (630) 327-3122 or adallianis@comcast.net or send me a PM.
My zip code is 60126. I’m located just West of Chicago.

I have tons of pictures and documentation of this engine. I will post several pictures. However, if there are pictures you would like, please let me know. I will be more than happy to give HONEST answers to ANY questions you may have.

P1010161.jpgP1010145.jpgP1010147.jpgP1010153.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the interest so far. There are some questions that I would like to answer and clarify.

-Engine comes with a BMS hub. (not a fluid damper)
-The Comp Cams pushrods are 5/16 Diameter. 9.050 length. .080 wall thickness.
-The engine is currently disassembled. EVERYTHING is labeled and will be loosely re-assembled for shipping or, for local pick-up, I will leave engine disassembled for buyer to view.
-Cylinder bores were cleaned up/honed before rebuild and new rings were put in.
-Pistons are not new (they do look very clean). There is just very little run time on this engine.
-Since the engine was rebuilt/freshened-up, it has never been run. 0 hours on everything since then.
-There is no flexplate included with this engine.
-Forgot to mention this engine has oil pick-up tube and oil pan.

My Price Is $7,200. Buyer Pays Shipping.

Thanks,
Anthony

I'm lowering the price to $6900

I may be able to meet someone halfway for delivery if you live in the "midwest". Also, I have no problem crating it up and driving it to a shipping distribution center for freight delivery.

Contact me if interested. My info is in the first post.

Thanks,
Anthony

This engine truly is priced to sell. I could part it out for way more than I'm asking for. I don't want to part it out yet. :frown:

There is 0 miles on this engine since the rebuild. It's fresh. Even the used parts have only 3 seasons on them.

I'm lowering the price $700.00 less than my original bottom line price!

!!!!!!!!!!! New price is $6,500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want everyone to know that I can get shipping quotes for anyone that's interested. I can get great prices on shipping!!!

Please contact me with any questions you may have. I have lots more pictures for you too!!!

Will this motor fit into a stock engine bay? Meaning are the heads so tall that it would interfere with with A/C condenser on the passengers side. I want my car to keep to have A/C. For keeping the car streetable, but still having bad ass power what is the biggest turbo a 70mm? I don't need anymore 650 to 700rwh.

I really appreciate all the interest in this engine. I would never have thought there would be so many people responding to this add.

Sorry to everyone who has contacted me recently but, I have already received a down payment on the engine. There is someone second in line but, I will let everyone know immediately if the deal falls through.

Thanks,
Anthony

I really appreciate all the interest in this engine. I would never have thought there would be so many people responding to this add.

Sorry to everyone who has contacted me recently but, I have already received a down payment on the engine. There is someone second in line but, I will let everyone know immediately if the deal falls through.

Thanks,
Anthony

good for you, it sounds like you needed the cash.