Complete Listing of Hose Sizes...

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Short of me going out and measuring everything on my car.. does anyonw have a comprehensive listing of the vacuum line hose sizes for both the engine/hvac and cruise for the 86/87 TRs?

I'm looking to upgrade all of it to comparable sized silicone hose.

here's what i measured...

Cruise Control Servo
Large port 9/32"
Small port 7/32"
Vacuum ball 7/32"

Washer Resevoir 8/32"
Washer Nozzles 7/32"

Charcoal Canister
To Tank 10/32"
Solenoid 8/32"

EGR to Solenoid 5/32"
Vacuum to EGR Solenoid/Check Valve for HVAC/Cruise 9/32"

Brake Booster 3/8" (9-9.5mm)

AFR 6.5/32"

Vacuum Block
3 ports 8/32"
1 port 6/32"
1 port 12/32"

PCV 12/32"

Wastegate Y-hose 8/32"

Total Lengths For Car
4mm = 122"
6mm = 147"
8mm = 46.5"

I measured these ID's with a caliper at the port itself. I'm going to try and put together a silicone hose kit to replace all the rubber vacuum lines on the car. Lengths were measured with a fabric tape measure.

If anyone has some input into these sizes, or if they are slightly off, just post your corrections and where your source material is. If you still have original GM hoses on your car, the sizes should be listed on them. A lot of the lines on my car have been replaced.

here's what i measured...

Cruise Control Servo
Large port 9/32"
Small port 7/32"
Vacuum ball 7/32"

Washer Resevoir 8/32"
Washer Nozzles 7/32"

Charcoal Canister
To Tank 10/32"
Solenoid 8/32"

EGR to Solenoid 5/32"
Vacuum to EGR Solenoid/Check Valve for HVAC/Cruise 9/32"

Brake Booster 3/8" (9-9.5mm)

AFR 6.5/32"

Vacuum Block
3 ports 8/32"
1 port 6/32"
1 port 12/32"

PCV 12/32"

Wastegate Y-hose 8/32"

Total Lengths For Car
4mm = 122"
6mm = 147"
8mm = 46.5"

I measured these ID's with a caliper at the port itself. I'm going to try and put together a silicone hose kit to replace all the rubber vacuum lines on the car. Lengths were measured with a fabric tape measure.

If anyone has some input into these sizes, or if they are slightly off, just post your corrections and where your source material is. If you still have original GM hoses on your car, the sizes should be listed on them. A lot of the lines on my car have been replaced.

Thanks for the great info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched all my lines to silicone a few years ago and one complaint i have is on the pcv line- the silicone hose seems to "sweat" oil out of it. Its always slimy, i assume the silicone (or at least the ghetto ebay silicone hoses i bought) doesnt play nice with oil/oily vapor inside it.

I switched all my lines to silicone a few years ago and one complaint i have is on the pcv line- the silicone hose seems to "sweat" oil out of it. Its always slimy, i assume the silicone (or at least the ghetto ebay silicone hoses i bought) doesnt play nice with oil/oily vapor inside it.
Did you buy the 4mm, 6mm, & 8mm in the above lengths & were those 3 sizes able to do the entire car?

I did it a few years ago, not sure what lengths I bought. It was a metric kit all in one package that came with a roll of each size, it was enough to do the whole car with a little leftover. Hope that helps

I did it a few years ago, not sure what lengths I bought. It was a metric kit all in one package that came with a roll of each size, it was enough to do the whole car with a little leftover. Hope that helps
So the hose sizes were 4mm, 6mm & 8mm? Can I ask where you bought the kit from? Thanks for getting back to me.

Trying to make sure I have charcoal canister vacuum lines correct. Kevin measured the vacuum line to the tank as the larger vacuum line and solenoid the smaller. I have vacuum with check valve going to solenoid and vacuum line to can going to fuel vent line from tank. This seems to be incorrect by pictures and Kevin's measurements. Does it matter and does tank vent go to solenoid or canister?

It's labeled on the canister. ;)
IMG_0482a.jpg
IMG_0484a.jpg