Complaints with ttaowner- James

70GS_87GN

Since I am new here, this certainly isn't the right way to get into the turbo crowd but I am fed up at this point. For someone who pays to sell parts on here, this is unacceptable. I know I'm not the only one to go through this dance with James aka ttaowner. Here is a timeline of our $300 transaction for an 87 GN bumper & steel inner structure:

Friday, October 17, 2014- I texted James in search of a bumper. We came to a deal on the terms he would hold the bumper for me until I can get a MO and fedex account setup. (per his request) He took my word, and I kept it.

Saturday, October 18, 2014- I sent the money order like I said I would.

Monday, October 20, 2014- I set up my Fedex account (again, per his request) and sent my account over to him.

October 21, 2014- James sends me a text letting me know my money order arrived.

and that the end of our conversations.... no response to texts, calls, etc... Up until last week I gave the benefit of the doubt something came up in his personal life. I understand this is a hobby and isn't top priority in everyone's life.

Please read through this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/fmic-from-cottons-performance.418770/
I respond in post #9, he responds in post #15. So then he goes and sends the other guys part out but not mine? Seriously? Now for those of you who may be thinking an intercooler is easier to ship then a bumper, your right, BUT James sent me pictures of him boxing up a QUARTER PANEL to ship, and he told me his shop is right across the street from a fedex store! His exact quote "full quarter sent to Texas so bumpers are not an issue lol"

If he communicated throughout this process, I would never have had a problem with the shipping delay, but this is ridiculous.. I have no other choice to go public with this. The last thread complaining about James started a pissing war between the parties involved. This is not my intention, all I want is the parts I paid for shipped out by the end of the week. I think that is pretty fair considering its been over 3.

Lou

These are the exact reasons that I only use a CC or paypal.

I've been through the school of hard knocks and don't use checks or money orders unless it's a brick and mortar.

Hope things go your way.

These are the exact reasons that I only use a CC or paypal.

I've been through the school of hard knocks and don't use checks or money orders unless it's a brick and mortar.

Hope things go your way.
Shocker to see yet another thread about him. PayPal is the only way to go.

Yup, will never make that mistake again. I have done a lot of deals through money order and have never had an issue. I figured I can trust him because he is a vendor on the board... This site has helped me a great deal in the short time I have been here. Turbo cars are a whole different animal then their v8 predecessors but if he advertises as a "paying vendor" and consistently screws people over he shouldn't be on the board.

That sucks.
I've dealt with James and never had a problem.
I hope it works out for you.
D

Nobody has been screwed over lol you guys are so funny. Maybe things take longer than planned with shipping. But nobody has gotten ripped off. Also the condition of my parts are always as advertised.

Your bumper was shipped check your FedEx account

The saga continues....

I guess the only way to get James' attention is to complain over a public forum. I received my bumper on Saturday November 15. Part was described accurately. However, James and I had agreed to purchasing a bumper and inner structure. Well James only shipped the bumper. I contacted him and he responded immediately saying he forgot to ship the structure and will send it out. Well, you guessed it! It's been a long time since then and still no structure, no answerig to calls, or texts. So, what's your excuse this time?

Just send the structure out so I never have to deal with you again.

And to think i almost bought from him. Sometimes i wonder why people dont use paypal. I guess they are afraid of fraud but paypal has such a good system in place that i dont do business any other way. It protects both parties. Maybe he was banned from paypal for the same thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread reads the same as the the other thread." A pool party with james".