Committment list for Noble 2009

That's the one.

I had contacted you about your Buick and you emailed me back to say you didn't own it anymore.

Well guys, I was all set to go, but other things have came up. It seems my daughter decided to become a U-Boat Commander last week when it was raining cats and dogs in her camaro and went thru a huge wall of water, instead of driving around. So last night I get a call saying her car won't start, a week after this happened mind you, so being the good Dad, I pick her up from her Mom's house, and I go see what going on, so I start asking her what happened, when I get the above answer...WTH? So we get to the car, and the insides still have standing water in the floorboards after a week of sitting. The car turns over, but won't start. It's getting late in the evening, and I'm going to have to trailer this thing home. Now fast forward to today. I get my buddy's trailer and we get the car and get it to my house. Throw the scan tool on, no codes, good. I hear the fuel pump, good, pull a couple of wires to check for spark, good, but it won't start. I take the air filter off, it's soaked, take the intake piping to the maf, it's full of water in the air baffles, I pull the maf off, and the water trail stops, so I figure the plugs are probably screwed. Now for those that have never had the joy or privilage of replacing the !&*%$!! plugs on a 99 camaro with the V6, pray you never have to. After inventing a few new words trying to get the plugs out, I start pulling them and they all are fouled, gee I wonder why. So I crank the engine over to try to get the gas/water out of the cylinders, but the battery has said it's done, so now what, in a stroke of genius, I thought that since I have the MAF off, I could stick a hair dryer into the intake and turn it on high heat to try to dry things out while I go run and get some plugs and get the battery charged. Well I run and get the plugs, invent more damn swear words, but I have the plugs out and low and behold, the hair dryer trick is working. The last plug I pulled out was bone dry. I get all the plugs installed, more damn swear words, clean up the MAF, install the intake hoses back on, and say a little prayer. I'll be damned, the thing started back up, I couldn't believe it, but unfortuntely it's now 9PM and I still need to get my driveshaft loop installed and get the scan master connected in order to run at Nobel. I get the GN up on the stands and get the driveshaft pulled and get the loop installed, but immediately I notice the top of the Kirban loop is rubbing against the driveshaft, SOB!!! now I'm screwed, no loop, no racing :( I'm gonna have to take this thing off, cut the top and add some more material to give the top more clearance. It's past midnight, and I've had enough. I was really looking forward to this. I'll probably run out to Nobel to see the racing, but I'm totally bummed not to be able to take the GN. Oh well, at least I got my U-Boat commander Camaro running :)

Steve

Sorry Steve, but that's funny. And you ought to try and change a set on a V8 camaro. You really learn some now words doing them.

Well, one of the guys on my crew got an abcess in his tooth, so guess who's covering his on call for the weekend. Hopefully my first trip will be next year.

I can only image Charlie, it's a tight fit in that engine bay. I guess GM figured you will get 100K out of the plugs, so they wanted to make it a challenge.

Steve

Now if someone else can confirm it that would be great. I'll see if I can get hold of Carl and find out.

CONFIRMED!!! SuperCPA said we broke them and no TSM cars showed up either. How's that for good news.

I heard BUICKS won.
55-33

That was score 5 years ago. I think tonight was a little worse. My best guess is we have set upf or 92 races and we won 57 or 58 of those. I think we won 31 or 32 of the first 35 races.

Mike, you and Pat missed a great time. Sorry you didn't make it.

Phil Engle

The score was Buicks 53, and Ford 32....

Very nice showing guys! Wow, do I really miss my GN now, thanks. It was great talking to the few I ran into. Was also cool to see my old GN engine out there running and whoopin some azz. Had a great time! Thanks MSBOOST for putting the hurtin on me :biggrin: That GN was rollin!

That was score 5 years ago. I think tonight was a little worse. My best guess is we have set upf or 92 races and we won 57 or 58 of those. I think we won 31 or 32 of the first 35 races.

Mike, you and Pat missed a great time. Sorry you didn't make it.

Phil Engle

Congratulations to the Buick camp. Heard you won your race Phil. (11.48)?

Wish I coulda been there. Had the car loaded on the trailer Wednesday. Thursday morning found driver's side slick was flat leaking from the bead area where the rims crews had damaged the bead. No problem, borrowed Pat's M/T drag radials. However, by that afternoon I could barely walk. Heck, I couldn't walk. Excrutiating pain in right upper thigh muscle(quadricep?) Pain pills no help. Actually waited till after midnight today to call the trip off. Could have made to Noble by 7:00 a.m. Gonna put swingouts on the rollbar for next year so I can get in and out of the car even if I'm in a wheelchair.:cool:
We''l make it next time, Phil.
Later, Mike H.

Wish I coulda been there. Had the car loaded on the trailer Wednesday. Thursday morning found driver's side slick was flat leaking from the bead area where the rims crews had damaged the bead. No problem, borrowed Pat's M/T drag radials. However, by that afternoon I could barely walk. Heck, I couldn't walk. Excrutiating pain in right upper thigh muscle(quadricep?) Pain pills no help. Actually waited till after midnight today to call the trip off. Could have made to Noble by 7:00 a.m. Gonna put swingouts on the rollbar for next year so I can get in and out of the car even if I'm in a wheelchair.:cool:
Later, Mike H.

Mike: I look forward to you being here next year. I've got to do something about my sidebar, too. Not getting any younger or more flexible.

Give my regards to Pat.

Phil Engle

Had a good time and won my race for the Buick team! Had a good turn out of cars. More Buicks than Fords this year!

I had a blast! I was the half primer, half flat black skylark. Fastest A-body there! 11.17 @ 119.3mph

On my last qualifying pass my radiator broke loose from where it was mounted, and fell into the fan. I wasn't able to race in the actual competition.

Pretty crazy how my winter project can change so quickly. I was planning on getting a nitrous set up for the car and some other suspension pieces, but now I am going to completly redo the cooling system with a new aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, and an electric water pump.

I will be ready to show them fords how its done next year!

Later, Mike H.
Mike, I hated hearing that you where not going to make it this year, you are always a valuable part and supporter to team Buick. Hope to see you next year and that you get to feeling better. If you need anything please don't hessitate to ask. Get well brother...
Todd

Totally Cool !!!!

Go Buick !!!

Wished I could have been there... maybe next year.

Did opening the event to Pontiac and Olds make the difference or was it more Buicks ?
I'm looking forward to detailed report !!!

I heard BUICKS won.
55-33

Missed seeing you and your brother there this year, Mike. See you next year!

Mike: I look forward to you being here next year. I've got to do something about my sidebar, too. Not getting any younger or more flexible.

Give my regards to Pat.

Phil Engle

Good to meet you Phil. Awesome car!

I had a blast! I was the half primer, half flat black skylark. Fastest A-body there! 11.17 @ 119.3mph

On my last qualifying pass my radiator broke loose from where it was mounted, and fell into the fan. I wasn't able to race in the actual competition.

Pretty crazy how my winter project can change so quickly. I was planning on getting a nitrous set up for the car and some other suspension pieces, but now I am going to completly redo the cooling system with a new aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, and an electric water pump.

I will be ready to show them fords how its done next year!

I saw you pushing your car when they started announcing that you needed to show up or you would be DQd. That sucks man, but your car runs great!

I saw you pushing your car when they started announcing that you needed to show up or you would be DQd. That sucks man, but your car runs great!

Thanks!

Right when I pulled up into the staging lanes the radiator started dumping out water. :mad:

We thought that we had it sealed good enough for one pass, but guess not. At least it didn't do it in the middle of the track! :eek: I will make sure that it does not happen next year tho!

Thanks!

Right when I pulled up into the staging lanes the radiator started dumping out water. :mad:

We thought that we had it sealed good enough for one pass, but guess not. At least it didn't do it in the middle of the track! :eek: I will make sure that it does not happen next year tho!
I am sorry that it did not work out. Trying the the JB Weld was at least worth a shot. It was great meeting so many of you from this forum.

Later, Mike H.

I think the mustang in that race only ran a 14.01 at 98 mph (full throttle).:confused:

GMC cars won like 20 races. Lots of cars running in classes the they should not have been in and most of the races weren't even close. It was still fun being there.:rolleyes:

Sorry you couldn't make it, Mike. I hope you recover quickly and start racing your car again.